What is the psychology behind obsessive behavior towards someone?

• Thread starter Kian_boem98
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Means
In summary, a young man is unsure of the intentions of a girl who has been looking at him. Some suggest that she may not mean anything by it and just be friendly, while others advise him to take a chance and ask her out. However, it is important to not let intimidation stop him and to be bold in pursuing what he wants.
Kian_boem98
last monday I was staring into space & i was staring at the trash can & i see the girl i liked looking at me while she was walking over to throw something in the trash can. Then later I was staring at the wall & when i look over she was Leaning her Head Against her Hand While looking at me & smiling. Then on Wednesday i heard her saying ” i don’t know why he looks at me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kian_boem98 said:
last monday I was staring into space & i was staring at the trash can & i see the girl i liked looking at me while she was walking over to throw something in the trash can. Then later I was staring at the wall & when i look over she was Leaning her Head Against her Hand While looking at me & smiling. Then on Wednesday i heard her saying ” i don’t know why he looks at me.
Probably nothing.

I used to have guys come up to me all of the time saying "I noticed that you keep looking at me". I am near sighted. I'd never seen them before, probably too far away for me to see. Don't make something out of nothing. Now that you've heard her say "I don't know why he looks at me". Assume there's no intention there and move along.

Likes Fervent Freyja and fresh_42
Kian_boem98 said:
Dont listen to dEvo, bro...if all guys took that advice then there would be far less romance in the world! LOL

Listen...If she was looking at you both times you happened to glance in her direction than chances are she is interested in you. Probably wants to talk. She was also probably saying that thing you overheard her say...about you looking at her...intentionally loud enough for you to hear. Hoping you'd make the first move. You should do so, amigo. Life's to short not to. Never be intimidated by a female. Trust me, they are as interested in hooking up as you are, if not more. They simply tend to be more covert in displaying their motives and desires.

My wife was a college cheerleader and I used to think was out of my league. Till I cowboyed up and made the first move. We were married a year later.

Go go it. Goethe said that if you are bold mighty for example will come to your aid.
Let us know what happens.

VB

Likes Mmm_Pasta and Dr. Courtney
Evo said:
I used to have guys come up to me all of the time saying "I noticed that you keep looking at me". I am near sighted. I'd never seen them before, probably too far away for me to see.
This is actually the plot of an episode of Happy Days, IIRC. When Richie is in his band.

A girl in the audience keeps looking at him on stage while he's playing, so he approaches her afterward and says 'Hey, I saw you looking at me'.(he's so smooth). She says "Was I? I'm blind as a bat without these." And then she whips on her glasses.

Likes Dr. Courtney and Evo
Either one of two things:
1. Like Evo stated, that she didn't mean anything by it and was tying to be friendly.
2. She's intentionally trying to get you frustrated. This is fun for some females. Show her that you have the hots for her, and you are handing over power to make you feel good and bad... This is probably not the case, but it's possible she's delivering some old-fashioned torture. Females are very clever, when they are young it can come across as cruel. I know that I feel bad sometimes reflecting on the things I did to boys. I considered it retribution at the time though.

I think you should let it go and focus on women, not girls, when you become a man. What is the point of lusting when you are young and it's highly unlikely that something will come of it? Be nice to girls, but don't take it personally when they act that way, and start focusing on yourself. People are people, no sense in worshiping them to the point that you feel bad about yourself!

Likes Tom.G
One quick way to find out what she means, if anything, is to ask her.

Likes EnumaElish
Not sure how it works in your culture or country. If I was advising a young man in the US, I'd say to man up and ask her on a date if you liked her. That's the surest way to find out what's up with a young lady in our culture. Yes, your may get told no, but then you can move along.

Likes EnumaElish
<Moderator's note: merged from another thread, same OP, same subject>

So there's this girl that's in one of my class that hasn't been coming to school for a few weeks Now. And when she came back on Friday she was late to class and when she walks into class i look and see her looking at me while she is walking to her Desk. But I just look away.

Last edited by a moderator:
velocity_boy said:
...Never be intimidated by a female. ...
I know what you mean, but I don't think that's quite right. Instead, I think the right path is to roll with the the intimidation and not let it stop you. As in this example:

velocity_boy said:
...My wife was a college cheerleader and I used to think was out of my league. Till I cowboyed up and made the first move. We were married a year later.

Telling somebody to never be intimidated might be taken as instruction to never pursue anything that's a little intimidating.

"Fortune favors the bold"-Virgil
"Discretion is the better part of valor"-Shakespeare
"Find a happy medium and live your life"-Me

Likes mheslep
Seen this in action myself with my son. We're at Barnes & Noble and he's into his comic book as some young beautiful girl notices him (I was looking in the direction of the girl but not with my son as I too was looking casually at books) and then proceeds to walk his way once, he doesn't notice, again she walks by this time picking a comic book nearby, again he doesn't notice so I nudge him and tell him this girls wants to meet or talk to you... she leaves and then he finds the guts to talk to her... now they are daters. I say take the bait next time and who knows she/he could be your soul mate for life. Worst could happen is a 'no' and life does not end there.

Member keeps opening thread after thread on this for no reason. Only makes the opening post, doesn't respond to replies. Just did it again. Thread closed. Trolling stopped.

Likes XZ923

1. What does "you guys know what this means" usually refer to?

"You guys know what this means" is a common phrase used to prompt a shared understanding or knowledge among a group of people.

2. Is there a specific context in which "you guys know what this means" is used?

The phrase can be used in a variety of contexts, such as in a conversation between friends, colleagues, or teammates, or in a situation where a group is facing a challenge or obstacle together.

3. Does "you guys know what this means" always indicate a positive or negative situation?

No, the phrase can be used in both positive and negative situations. It can be used to convey excitement, anticipation, or a warning about a potential problem.

4. Is "you guys know what this means" only used among men?

No, the phrase is commonly used among both men and women. The use of "you guys" can be gender-neutral and is often used as a colloquial term for a group of people.

5. How can I respond to someone who says "you guys know what this means"?

You can respond by acknowledging your shared understanding or knowledge with the group. For example, you could say "Yes, we are all on the same page" or "I understand, let's move forward."