What is the Steady State Tracking Error in Control Systems?

In summary, "steady state tracking error" is a measure of the difference between the desired and actual outputs of a control system at a steady state. It is calculated as the difference between the desired and actual outputs and can be affected by disturbances and limitations in the system. To minimize steady state tracking error, the control system can be improved or feedback control can be implemented. However, this measure has limitations, such as not considering transient behavior and assuming a constant desired output.
magnifik
I am trying to understand steady state tracking error. I was looking over one of the example problems in my textbook and this is what it said:

1z4wm50.png

G(s) = (-1)/(100(s^2-10.791))
D(s) = K(s+5)/(s+10)
Td(s) = 1/s as it states above

I don't understand how they got the value 3300... I got 2156 when solving for K

Physics news on Phys.org
Always use natural units; Convert 0.1° to radians.

thank you! i thought the degree sign was a 0 this whole time -___-

What is "steady state tracking error"?

"Steady state tracking error" is a concept in control systems analysis that refers to the difference between the desired output of a system and the actual output after the system has reached a steady state. It is used to evaluate the performance of a control system and determine if it is accurately tracking the desired output.

How is steady state tracking error calculated?

Steady state tracking error is calculated by taking the difference between the desired output and the actual output at the steady state. This can be represented as a mathematical equation: E_ss = Y_desired - Y_actual, where E_ss is the steady state tracking error, Y_desired is the desired output, and Y_actual is the actual output.

What are the causes of steady state tracking error?

There are several factors that can contribute to steady state tracking error. These include disturbances in the system, such as noise or external forces, as well as limitations in the control system itself, such as delays or inaccuracies in the measurement or control devices.

How can steady state tracking error be minimized?

One way to minimize steady state tracking error is to improve the design and performance of the control system. This can include using more accurate sensors, optimizing the control algorithm, and reducing external disturbances. Another approach is to use feedback control, where the system continuously adjusts its output based on the difference between the desired and actual outputs.

What are the limitations of using steady state tracking error as a performance measure?

While steady state tracking error is a useful tool for evaluating the performance of a control system, it does have some limitations. For example, it only considers the final difference between the desired and actual outputs and does not take into account the transient behavior of the system. It also assumes that the desired output is constant, which may not always be the case in real-world scenarios.