What is the story of Pixel, the rescued cat and her new NEMA P office rating?

• Thread starter FlexGunship
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pixel
In summary: I Wonder if Pixel remembers her.Aaaw, such a sweet kitty! Does she still fetch?Flex, you have the cutest cat ever.Absolutely! I think we've agreed on a stalemate as far as when I need to use the computer at home. The agreement is: "no, Pixel, I cannot give you 100% of my attention... but, yes, I will play fetch with you until you decide to sleep on the desk."Flex, you are a true cat person now! :biggrin: Good photos.
FlexGunship
Gold Member
Pixel is my cat. She'll be two this summer. She was part of a litter found without a mother. A few of her siblings had already died when they were found. She was the only female in the group and played mother for her brothers. They were all sick when they were found, and she was the last to be released from the shelter.

She's lived with me since November of 2011. The first picture is her arrival at home.

2011-11-08_15-09-43_455.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+09.47.49+AM.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+10.39.49+AM.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+09.52.20+AM.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+09.53.06+AM.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+09.54.18+AM.jpg
1qlcc.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+09.53.01+AM.jpg
Photo+2013-05-30+09.54.16+AM.jpg
1ql26.jpg

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
very cute

PhizKid said:
very cute

I know, right!

Arrested Development stole my joke... I used to call her the Q-Test because everyone who held her would say "Oh, she's just the Q-Test."

Aaaw, such a sweet kitty! Does she still fetch?

Flex, you have the cutest cat ever.

lisab said:
Aaaw, such a sweet kitty! Does she still fetch?

Absolutely! I think we've agreed on a stalemate as far as when I need to use the computer at home. The agreement is: "no, Pixel, I cannot give you 100% of my attention... but, yes, I will play fetch with you until you decide to sleep on the desk."

turbo said:
Flex, you have the cutest cat ever.

Don't let Pixel hear you say that, she's already got a heck of an ego.

I caught her watching "Sad Cat Diary" (see below) yesterday... she just sat there nodding and looking back at me.

Photo+2013-05-31+08.24.15+AM.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk

Flex, you are a true cat person now! :biggrin: Good photos.

Now I'm sure you can appreciate the new NEMA rating that I had to implement for my office. The minimum NEMA 1 [finger safe] standard has been abandoned in place of the NEMA P [paw safe] standard.

Unfortunately kitties like to play with wires, even those wires running 240 VAC. The NEMA 1 standard wasn't cutting it.

Very sweet. I used to have cat, Pepper (sometime Pepperoni), who rode on my shoulders, or on my back if I leaned over. She like to perch up there is I let her. I still miss her.

Adorable kitty Flex. Sad story with a happy ending for her.

Oh, nice kitty.

Ivan Seeking said:
Flex, you are a true cat person now! :biggrin: Good photos.

Now I'm sure you can appreciate the new NEMA rating that I had to implement for my office. The minimum NEMA 1 [finger safe] standard has been abandoned in place of the NEMA P [paw safe] standard.

Unfortunately kitties like to play with wires, even those wires running 240 VAC. The NEMA 1 standard wasn't cutting it.

We had a training period. I was going to go NEMA P at first, but the cost was excessive, so instead we did hot sauce on wires. The smell alone kept her away. Then I bought a bright pink (later purple) Ethernet cable and tied it to her cat tower. She chews the crap out of that, but leaves everything else in the house alone. I'm positive the insulation isn't good for her which is why I changed it out when it looked like it was breaking apart.

Occassionally, I'll catch her nosing a headphone plug, or a lamp cord, but a quick bark of "HEY!" is enough to send her sprinting to her Ethernet cable which she bites furiously as though to convince me "I don't know what you thought you saw, but I was ALWAYS just going to bite this."

Astronuc said:
Very sweet. I used to have cat, Pepper (sometime Pepperoni), who rode on my shoulders, or on my back if I leaned over. She like to perch up there is I let her. I still miss her.

Pixel will ride for a bit, but I always feel used when she leaps off to some higher place.

Evo said:
Adorable kitty Flex. Sad story with a happy ending for her.

To add to it, her shelter burned down about three weeks after I adopted her. I think I mentioned that on a previous thread here a while back.

When I chose to adopt Pixel, I visited with some other cats. One, Hubble, had a serious weight issue which was causing her to have health problems. She was VERY friendly and I liked her a lot, but didn't want to deal with the constant vet bills that came with her weight. It seemed that a lot of people felt that way; she had been there for a while, and the employees and volunteers at the shelter mentioned a lot of people passed her over because of her weight. So when I got Pixel I paid Hubble's adoption fee too, so that she could go home with someone for free.

It was only recently, when the shelter reopened and I made a food donation, that I was able to find out Hubble was also adopted before the fire.

Related to What is the story of Pixel, the rescued cat and her new NEMA P office rating?

1. What is "Look at Pixel"?

"Look at Pixel" is a computer program designed for image analysis. It allows users to view and manipulate images at a pixel level, providing detailed information about each individual pixel in an image.

2. What can "Look at Pixel" be used for?

"Look at Pixel" can be used for a variety of purposes, including image enhancement, color correction, and image segmentation. It is also commonly used in scientific research for analyzing images in fields such as biology, astronomy, and geology.

3. How does "Look at Pixel" work?

"Look at Pixel" uses algorithms and mathematical formulas to analyze the color, intensity, and other properties of individual pixels in an image. It then displays this information in a user-friendly interface, allowing users to make adjustments and see the effects in real-time.

4. Is "Look at Pixel" user-friendly?

Yes, "Look at Pixel" is designed to be user-friendly and accessible to scientists and non-scientists alike. It has a simple and intuitive interface, and most of its features can be easily used without any prior knowledge of image analysis or programming.

5. Can "Look at Pixel" be used with all types of images?

"Look at Pixel" is compatible with most commonly used image formats, including JPEG, PNG, and TIFF. However, some specialized image formats may not be supported. It is always recommended to check the program's documentation for a complete list of compatible formats.