What is the YCombinator Chat Board and Its Connection to Hacking?

In summary, the YCombinator Chat Board is an online forum where members of the startup community can connect and share ideas, advice, and resources. While it is not specifically designed for hacking, the board has been used by some individuals to seek help with hacking-related issues or to discuss hacking techniques. However, the moderators of the board strictly prohibit any illegal activities and actively monitor and remove any content that violates their guidelines. The YCombinator Chat Board remains a valuable platform for entrepreneurs and aspiring hackers to network and collaborate, but it is not condoned for any illegal activities.
Oscar Benavides
How did you find PF?
This site came up on Hacker News as a friendly and accessible resource with a large library/knowledge base.
Hello, I don't have much to say at the moment, I just signed up on a recommendation from HN and thought I'd give it a try. I'm probably mostly here to lurk and read older stuff, but I figured it was worth making an account and introducing myself.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Pentesting might not be the hottest subject on this forum but you'll find some seriously educated STEM-people here thats for sure (which excludes me, I'm humiliated on a near-daily basis just trying to understand what people are asking).

But I can at least extend a welcome. :)

• Wow
Likes Oscar Benavides and berkeman
sbrothy said:
Pentesting might not be the hottest subject on this forum
Um, what are you saying? Should we ban Oscar right away? Or wait and watch...? :wink:

Cute puppy, BTW. :smile:

Likes sbrothy and Oscar Benavides
Heh, just to be clear it's not that kind of Hacker! HN is just the YCombinator chat board, so it's hacking as in "hacking together tech". There is a robust security community there, but I'm not a part of it.

And thanks, it's a friend's new pup, a total sweetheart of a dog.

Likes sbrothy and berkeman