What is this and where can I find a replacement

In summary, the square seat for the accelerometer has started to fall apart and I need to find a replacement for it. If this helps, the accelerometers are placed equidistant apart from each other, and the tester hits it - the cantilever beam - with a mallet to simulate vibration.
ms1171
The square seat (?) for the accelerometer has started to fall apart and I need to find a replacement for it. If this helps, the accelerometers are placed equidistant apart from each other, and the tester hits it - the cantilever beam - with a mallet to simulate vibration.

Please refer to the imgur link for pictures of the device and seat.

http://imgur.com/a/4974H

Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I am not actually sure to which part you refer. Are we looking at the probe attached to the beam, or one of the boxes below it?

Hi Dave!

Sorry if the image was a little confusing. I've attached a link to another picture showing what I'm talking about.

http://imgur.com/KFVyk9a

The accelerometer (the grey box with a white wire coming out of it) would normally be held securely in this seat. But the seat, as you can tell, is falling apart and isn't serving its intended purpose anymore.

Thanks,
M

Looks like an adhesive. A filled epoxy most likely. You can try some consumer grade epoxy from the local hardware store. The 5-minute curing time stuff is somewhat flexible which may be an advantage since the beam is flexing. The 24-hour stuff is stronger but less flexible. The strongest I've found is J-B Weld which is iron filled. For this application with moving parts, cleanliness is mandatory if you want it to stay attached. Be sure there is no trace of oil or loose material on the bonding surfaces.

You could consider supporting the cables from the accelerometers. As it stands the full cable weight is trying to remove the accelerometers from their post.

Tom.G said:
You could consider supporting the cables from the accelerometers. As it stands the full cable weight is trying to remove the accelerometers from their post.

The accelerometers and the cables arranged as shown could be changing the response characteristics of the metal strip . The experimental results obtained could be unreliable as a consequence .

Found it. Thanks for all your help!

https://store.bksv.com/accelerometer-accessories/191-small-mounting-clips-set-of-100.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is this item and where can I find a replacement?

This item is a [insert item name here]. It is used for [insert purpose of item here]. A replacement can be found at [insert store or website name here].

2. Can you identify this item and recommend where I can get a replacement?

Based on the image you provided, this item appears to be a [insert item name here]. You can find a replacement at [insert store or website name here].

3. I need to replace this item, but I'm not sure what it is. Can you help?

Of course, I'd be happy to assist you. Can you provide some more information about the item, such as its function or where it is typically used? With that information, I can help identify the item and recommend a replacement.

4. Where can I find a replacement for this specific brand or model?

If you know the brand or model of the item, you can try checking the manufacturer's website. You can also try searching for the item on online marketplaces or contacting a local store that carries similar items.

5. I can't seem to find a replacement for this item. What should I do?

If you are having trouble finding a replacement for the item, you can try reaching out to the manufacturer for assistance. You can also consider looking for alternative products that serve a similar purpose or contacting a professional who may be able to help you find a replacement.