What should be the size of HT cable from Feeder line of 11 KV to

In summary, the size of HT cable needed to energise a 500 KVA transformer through an HT panel (SF6) breaker from an 11 KV feeder line is not a suitable question for a layman. It is recommended to seek assistance from a local power company or certified electrical engineer to ensure proper connection and safety.
yanthan
what should be the size of HT cable from Feeder line of 11 KV to energise Transformer of 500 KVA through HT panel (SF6) Breaker. I am a layman.

Engineering news on Phys.org

I sincerely regret not giving the answer you hope, but 11kV and 500kVA are not for a layman, and I won't help you killing yourself.
My apologies.

Enthalpy said:
I sincerely regret not giving the answer you hope, but 11kV and 500kVA are not for a layman, and I won't help you killing yourself.
My apologies.

The layman should inquire through his local power company or electrical engineer, and have a someone certified to hook it all up. One wrong connection and your toast.

Related to What should be the size of HT cable from Feeder line of 11 KV to

What should be the size of HT cable from Feeder line of 11 KV to?

The size of the HT cable from the feeder line of 11 KV to a specific destination depends on various factors such as the distance of transmission, power load, and voltage drop. Therefore, there is no standard size for all cases.

What is the voltage drop in HT cable?

The voltage drop in HT cable refers to the decrease in voltage that occurs when electricity is transmitted over a long distance. It is affected by the size and length of the cable, as well as the electrical resistance of the material. A higher voltage drop can result in a loss of power and affect the efficiency of the transmission.

Why is 11 KV used for feeder lines?

The use of 11 KV for feeder lines is a common practice in the electrical industry. This voltage level is considered to be the most efficient for long-distance transmission, as it strikes a balance between power loss and insulation requirements. Additionally, 11 KV is a safe voltage for handling and maintenance purposes.

How do you determine the power load for an HT cable?

The power load for an HT cable is determined by calculating the total electrical load of the destination, including current and voltage requirements. This load is then used to select the appropriate size of the HT cable to ensure efficient transmission and prevent voltage drop.

What are the different types of HT cables?

There are several types of HT cables, each designed for specific purposes and environments. Some common types include XLPE cables, PVC cables, PILC cables, and Aerial Bunched Cables (ABC). The selection of the type of HT cable depends on factors such as voltage level, insulation requirements, and environmental conditions.