What size flywheel do I need to produce 200kg torque or resist a force of 200kg?

In summary, the conversation is about using a calculator to determine the necessary size and weight of a flywheel to produce a torque of 200kg or resist a force of 200kg. The person asking the question is not proficient in mathematics and estimates that a flywheel with a circumference of 500mm and a weight of 40kg, spinning at 3000rpm, could meet the required torque. However, the responder points out that 200kg is a mass, not a torque or force, and that a given flywheel rotating at a given rate does not provide a specific torque. They suggest providing more details about the intended use of the flywheel for further assistance.
flywheel
Homework Statement
Hello,

https://www.fxsolver.com/solve/

I am using this calculator to figure out how large/heavy a flywheel I need to produce torque of 200kg, or that could resist a force of 200kg applied to it.

I am not proficient in mathematics, so my terms or what I'm asking might be not phrased correctly. My gut instinct is it would be apprx. 500mm circumference with a weight of perhaps 40kg? These of course can vary to match the torque needed.The motors I'm intending to use are 3000rpm or 50 rotations a second.

Thankyou.
Relevant Equations
Hello,

I am using this calculator to figure out how large/heavy a flywheel I need to produce torque of 200kg, or that could resist a force of 200kg applied to it.

I am not proficient in mathematics, so my terms or what I'm asking might be not phrases correctly. My gut instinct is it would be apprx. 500mm circumference with a weight of perhaps 40kg? Spinning at an RPM of apprx. 3000rpm or 50 rotations a second. These of course can vary to match the torque needed.
Thankyou.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid your question as asked does not make sense.
First, 200kg is a mass, not a torque nor a force (though some use "kg weight" for a force).
Secondly, a given flywheel rotating at a given rate does not provide a specific torque. It provides angular momentum. The torque you get from it depends on how quickly you try to stop it.
Perhaps if you provide full details of what you are trying to do we will be able to assist.

1. What is a gyroscopic torque calculator?

A gyroscopic torque calculator is a tool used to calculate the amount of torque, or rotational force, generated by a spinning object. It takes into account the mass, speed, and rotational axis of the object to determine the magnitude and direction of the torque.

2. How does a gyroscopic torque calculator work?

A gyroscopic torque calculator uses the principles of angular momentum and gyroscopic precession to calculate the torque. It takes in the inputs of the object's mass, speed, and rotational axis, and uses mathematical equations to determine the resulting torque.

3. What are some real-world applications of a gyroscopic torque calculator?

Gyroscopic torque calculators are commonly used in engineering and physics to design and analyze rotating systems, such as helicopter blades, gyroscopes, and propellers. They are also used in sports equipment, such as golf clubs and tennis rackets, to optimize their performance.

4. How accurate are gyroscopic torque calculators?

The accuracy of a gyroscopic torque calculator depends on the accuracy of the inputs and the assumptions made in the calculations. In most cases, they provide a close approximation of the actual torque, but may not account for all factors that may affect the object's rotation.

5. Are there any limitations to using a gyroscopic torque calculator?

One limitation of using a gyroscopic torque calculator is that it assumes the object is perfectly symmetrical and rigid, which may not always be the case in real-world scenarios. Additionally, it may not take into account external forces or friction, which can also affect the object's rotation.