What symbol for ticks on ticker tape

• Thread starter gnome222
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Symbol
In summary: The measure of the space between the first tick and the last tick is equal to: The number of ticks is proportional to: The space between any two ticks is proportional to: The measure of the space between the first tick and the last tick is equal to: The number of ticks is proportional to: The space between any two ticks is proportional to: The measure of the space between the first tick and the last tick is equal to: The number of ticks is proportional to: The space between any two ticks is proportional to: The measure of the space between the first tick and the last tick is equal to: The number of ticks is proportional
gnome222
I used a ticker to measure to measure the acceleration of falling object. And and now I am writing report about it and the problem is what symbol is used for the marks on the ticker tape? Like for grams (g). What would you use for marks(?) ?

Physics news on Phys.org
How much time elapsed between successive hits of the ticker (ie. how much time between marks)? What does the space between the marks measure? (hint: think of the interval of distance and time between marks).

AM

Andrew Mason said:
How much time elapsed between successive hits of the ticker (ie. how much time between marks)? What does the space between the marks measure? (hint: think of the interval of distance and time between marks).

AM
OK, o fo m lab I mesure the frequency of the constant velocity car. To do it I took the number of marks (ticks on the ticker tape ) and divided it by 3 s( that is for how long my car went) But the thing i don't know what symbol to use for the ticks, Like for grams you use (g), what do you use for Ticks(?) the number of marks.

Out of ideas? Perhaps use t or tk

gnome222 said:
OK, o fo m lab I mesure the frequency of the constant velocity car. To do it I took the number of marks (ticks on the ticker tape ) and divided it by 3 s( that is for how long my car went) But the thing i don't know what symbol to use for the ticks, Like for grams you use (g), what do you use for Ticks(?) the number of marks.
Try to fill in the answer the following:

The measure of the space between the first tick and the last tick is equal to: (hint: it is one of: average velocity, total distance or total time of the trip)
The number of ticks is proportional to: ________________ (same hint)
The space between any two ticks is proportional to: ____________________ (hint: the greater the ________, the greater the space between the ticks)

If you can answer those questions, you should be able to figure out how to relate the ticks to your measurements.

AM

Related to What symbol for ticks on ticker tape

1. What is the purpose of a ticker tape?

The purpose of a ticker tape is to provide a visual representation of the movements and changes in stock prices and trading volume. This allows investors to track the performance of specific stocks and make informed decisions about buying and selling.

2. How do you read ticker tape symbols?

Ticker tape symbols typically consist of a combination of letters and numbers that represent the company name and stock price. The letters are usually abbreviations of the company name, and the numbers represent the stock's current price, with decimal points indicating fractions of a dollar.

3. What is the symbol for ticks on ticker tape?

The symbol for ticks on ticker tape is a small dash or dot that appears above or below the stock price. These ticks indicate every change in the stock's price, whether it is an increase or decrease, and help investors track the stock's performance more closely.

4. How often do ticks appear on ticker tape?

Ticks appear on ticker tape in real-time, meaning that they are constantly updating as changes in the stock's price occur. This allows investors to see the most current and accurate information about the stock's performance.

5. Why is ticker tape still used in modern times?

Even with the rise of digital platforms and real-time stock tracking, ticker tape is still used as a visual representation of stock market data. It provides a quick and easy way for investors to track stock prices and identify trends in the market. Additionally, ticker tape is often used in financial news and television broadcasts, making it a familiar and recognizable tool for investors.