What We Still Don't Know: Martin Rees' 3-Part Documentary

• Thread starter Wave's_Hand_Particle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Documentary
In summary, a new documentary by Martin Rees titled "What We Still Don't Know" is gaining attention for its thought-provoking concepts and visually stunning content. However, some viewers have noticed a strange appearance of a backwards pedaling cyclist during an interview with Lynn Rothschild. It is unclear if this was intentional or a coincidence, but it adds an interesting angle to the documentary.
Wave's_Hand_Particle
Is the title of a new Three Part documentary by Martin Rees:http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/W/what_we_still_dont_know/index.html

If anyone gets to see this outside the UK, there is an interesting angle on 'perceptions and awareness'..or self-awareness.

If one looks really closely, there is an interview with Lynn Rothschild, she is sitting on a chair in an academic courtyard, watch really careful as something weird happens!

Just to the left of Lynn (if one goes to the link you can see her sitting down) there are some arches, in one part of the interview a person riding a bike appears, nothing strange exept the rider is pedalling and traveling backwards!

I take it that the programme editor was instructed to insert this rider for a specific reason?..i hope to get a chance to see a repeat airing of this first show, and hopefully get a chance to record the series, which has some really thought provoking concepts, amazing documentary.

P.S. if anyone in the UK has recorded the first programme, can you let me know what Lynn Rothschild was actually talking about at the moment the biker appears?

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org

Hello, thank you for sharing this interesting find! I am always intrigued by new documentaries that explore different aspects of our world and the mysteries that still surround us. I have not had a chance to watch this particular documentary yet, but based on your description, it sounds like it will be a thought-provoking and visually stunning series.

Regarding the strange appearance of the backwards pedaling cyclist, it is possible that the editor inserted this footage for artistic or symbolic purposes. However, it could also be a technical error or a coincidence. Without watching the specific moment in question, it is difficult to say for sure. As for what Lynn Rothschild was discussing at the time, it could be related to the overall theme of the series, which seems to be centered around what we still don't know about our world and ourselves.

I will definitely try to catch this documentary and see if I can provide any further insight. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention!

Related to What We Still Don't Know: Martin Rees' 3-Part Documentary

What is "What We Still Don't Know: Martin Rees' 3-Part Documentary"?

"What We Still Don't Know: Martin Rees' 3-Part Documentary" is a documentary series that explores the biggest mysteries and unknowns in science and the universe. It is hosted by renowned astrophysicist Martin Rees and covers topics such as the origin of the universe, the search for extraterrestrial life, and the future of humanity.

How many parts are there in the documentary series?

The documentary series consists of three parts, each covering a different topic in science and the universe. The three parts are "The Beginning and the End", "Are We Alone?", and "Are We Real?".

Who is Martin Rees?

Martin Rees is a British astrophysicist and cosmologist who has made significant contributions to our understanding of the universe. He is also a professor of cosmology and astrophysics at the University of Cambridge and has served as the president of the Royal Society, the UK's national academy of science.

Is the documentary series scientifically accurate?

Yes, the documentary series is scientifically accurate and is based on the latest research and theories in the field of astrophysics and cosmology. Martin Rees himself is a highly respected and knowledgeable scientist, so viewers can trust the information presented in the series.

Where can I watch "What We Still Don't Know: Martin Rees' 3-Part Documentary"?

The documentary series is available for streaming on various platforms, such as Amazon Prime Video and PBS. It may also be available for purchase on DVD or Blu-ray. Check your local listings for more information on where to watch the series.

Back