What's inside a gas detection Station?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of gas sensors and their precision in measuring different gases. The speaker is familiar with electrochemical and metaloxide sensors but wants to learn more about other types of sensors used in gas sensor stations. They mention infrared sensors and inquire about the top sensors used for accurate gas concentration certification. The conversation also mentions the use of lasers and mirrors in gas analyzers.
ervays
Good Morning guys!

I'm trying to understand more about gas sensors. I know a lot about electrochemical and metaloxide sensors. I've faced all the limits that those sensors presents when you are using them outdoors.

Now I'm wondering how the gas sensors stations can measure different gases with such precission. I suppose that they use different gas sensors and I'd like to know more about them.
Does anyone knows about this professional gas sensors? Some web where I can start looking?

Cheers flokes/ladys^^!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Baluncore said:
Can you please be more specific about what type of sensor you do not understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_detector#Types

It's not about what sensor do I understand or not. What I'd like to know is which kind of sensors are inside this stations.

I've worked with metal-oxide and electrochemical. I know there are infrared, but what are the top ones? What kind of sensors are the ones that can certify that there is X concentration of the gas for sure?

Electrochemical sensors can not, cause they have the cross sensitivity issue which doesn't have a mathematical solution.

As Mr Baluncore has indicated, it's all lasers and mirrors.
https://www.sick.com/de/en/product-portfolio/gas-analyzers/in-situ-gas-analyzers/c/g284253

upload_2017-5-23_19-23-18.png

1. What is a gas detection station?

A gas detection station is a monitoring system that is used to detect the presence of hazardous gases in the air. It is typically used in industrial settings, such as factories and chemical plants, to protect workers and the environment from potential gas leaks.

2. How does a gas detection station work?

A gas detection station works by using sensors to detect the presence of specific gases in the air. These sensors are connected to a central control unit, which displays the gas levels and alerts the user if any hazardous gases are detected.

3. What gases can a gas detection station detect?

A gas detection station can detect a variety of gases, including carbon monoxide, methane, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, and many others. The specific gases that a station can detect will depend on the type of sensors it is equipped with.

4. How accurate is a gas detection station?

The accuracy of a gas detection station will vary depending on the quality of the sensors and the calibration of the system. However, most modern gas detection stations have a high level of accuracy and can detect even very low concentrations of gases in the air.

5. How often should a gas detection station be calibrated?

It is recommended that a gas detection station be calibrated at least once a year, or more frequently if the manufacturer's instructions specify. Regular calibration ensures that the sensors are accurately detecting gases and providing reliable readings.