What's the difference between series an parallel components in the pictures

In summary: Do you understand that the impedance of inductors and capacitors depends on the frequency, whereas the impedance of a resistor does not?Yes, I understand that the impedance of inductors and capacitors depends on the frequency.
snir
hi;
When I study - if we want to connect impedance in the case of: - we connect the R4 and (R1+(R2||R3)) as parallels
upload_2017-2-15_18-33-5.png

but when we want the get impedance of C and R of the right: - we connect that as series: Z(of C)+R .. why the different? please help!
upload_2017-2-15_18-37-10.png

Engineering news on Phys.org
Because inductance and resistance are different things and you cannot combine them as exactly the same the way you can when everything is just resistances.

snir said:
hi;
When I study - if we want to connect impedance in the case of: - we connect the R4 and (R1+(R2||R3)) as parallels
View attachment 113258

but when we want the get impedance of C and R of the right: - we connect that as series: Z(of C)+R .. why the different? please help!
View attachment 113259
In the 2nd circuit, it's not clear what you are trying to solve for. In general, that circuit will not combine down to a simple component or two. Could you label the different components with different numbers (so each resistor has a different number, etc.), and ask what you would like to be able to solve for in the circuit?

berkeman said:
In the 2nd circuit, it's not clear what you are trying to solve for. In general, that circuit will not combine down to a simple component or two. Could you label the different components with different numbers (so each resistor has a different number, etc.), and ask what you would like to be able to solve for in the circuit?
upload_2017-2-15_18-57-18.png

I want to find a simple arranged of total impedance on the
different circuit 1 (all R) and 2 (with the C and L).

in case 1 told me that R4 and (R1+(R2||R3)) as parallels. and in case 2 impedance R1 and impedance C is series. but I think about it if I will connect something to the Terminals the connection of R1 and C is like a Δ transform with R2 no?

(may that matter what the purpose of tow cases - case 1 what the total R , and case 2 what the transfer function. If that matter i want to know why)

snir said:
View attachment 113261
I want to find a simple arranged of total impedance on the
different circuit 1 (all R) and 2 (with the C and L).

in case 1 told me that R4 and (R1+(R2||R3)) as parallels. and in case 2 impedance R1 and impedance C is series. but I think about it if I will connect something to the Terminals the connection of R1 and C is like a Δ transform with R2 no?

(may that matter what the purpose of tow cases - case 1 what the total R , and case 2 what the transfer function. If that matter i want to know why)
The impedance for circuit 2 looking into which 2 nodes? It makes a difference... :smile:

snir said:
the connection of R1 and C is like a Δ transform with R2 no?
No. Please reread post #2 and try to understand it.

Do you understand that the impedance of inductors and capacitors depends on the frequency, whereas the impedance of a resistor does not?

What is the difference between series and parallel components in the pictures?

The main difference between series and parallel components is the way they are connected. In series components, the elements are connected end-to-end, forming a single path for the current to flow through. In parallel components, the elements are connected side-by-side, providing multiple paths for the current to flow through.

How does the current flow in series and parallel components?

In series components, the current is the same through each element because there is only one path for it to flow through. In parallel components, the current is divided between the elements based on their individual resistance values, with more current flowing through the element with lower resistance.

Do series and parallel components have the same voltage?

No, the voltage in series and parallel components is different. In series components, the voltage is divided between the elements based on their individual resistance values, with more voltage dropping across the element with higher resistance. In parallel components, the voltage is the same across each element.

Which configuration is more commonly used in electronic circuits?

The configuration used in electronic circuits depends on the desired outcome. Series components are more commonly used for voltage dividers and current limiting, while parallel components are used for voltage regulators and current amplifiers. Both configurations have their own advantages and applications.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using series and parallel components?

The advantage of series components is that they are simple to understand and construct. However, they are sensitive to failures in one element, as it can affect the entire circuit. Parallel components, on the other hand, are more robust as a failure in one element does not affect the others. However, they can be more complex to design and analyze.