What's the difference between these two curves for AC Generator?

Physical_Fire
1704024603335.png

1704024652084.png

Physics news on Phys.org
One uses numbers for labels while the other uses letters.

Likes russ_watters, SammyS and vanhees71
And one is current, the other voltage :smile:

You'll keep getting this kind of corny answers until you improve your question...

##\ ##

Likes russ_watters and vanhees71
1704027513499.png

1704027531266.png

Why are the curves different? One revolution in the yellow picture is different to the one underneath it. The second picture looks like a cosine curve if started from 1. And how would I know how to draw 2 revolution curve? I am confused.

You're not doing it deliberately, but the top picture in post #1 goes with the bottom picture in #4. Confusion lurks :nb) .

An important relationship in this is Faraday's law: ##\quad\varepsilon = -{d\Phi\over dt}##.

Can you see how the two pictures agree in that respect ?

##\ ##

I don't get it. Please explain

Physical_Fire said:
I don't get it. Please explain
On what level ? What do you know already ? About electromagnetic induction, Faraday's law, AC generators, etc ?

##\ ##

Yeah I know those. I don't his equation although.

The figures only can belong together if your circuit contains only a resistor, because if there were capacitors and/or coils present there'd be a phase shift between the EMF (sometimes confusingly called "voltage") and the current.

I don't think we should complicate things for the OP .

Physical_Fire said:
I don't (know) his equation although (edits: BvU)
Ok, but the question was
BvU said:
What do you know already ?
Lenz's law, Lorentz force, ... ?

##\ ##

Physical_Fire said:
Why are the curves different? One revolution in the yellow picture is different to the one underneath it
I don’t see any differences between the two pictures other than stylistic differences. The concept and the content are the same.

Can you be very specific and clear about what you see that is different to you?

Likes Lord Jestocost, russ_watters, nasu and 1 other person
There are two notes, “1 cycle” in the first picture and “one revolution” in the second picture. Each of them shows what one cycle is or what one revolution is. But the cycle showed by the note “1 cycle” in the first picture is not the same as the cycle showed by the note “one revolution” in the second picture. “1 cycle” defines a revolution that begins from no. of rotations = 0 or from Time = 0 s, while “one revolution” defines a revolution that begins from Time = T/4 or from no. of rotations = 1/4. Which one will be used depends on which picture will be used in the process description. Every curve pattern, which is a revolution, must satisfied the condition that it can start at Time = t, where t can be any real number and it must end at Time = t + T where T is a period.

There is not a difference between two curves in two different pictures. Both of them describe the same process. The first revolution, in accordance with the definition of a revolution by the note “1 cycle” in the first picture, in the first picture begins from no. of rotations = 0 where e.m.f. = 0 V. Corresponding value of no. of rotations = 0 in the first picture is Time = 0 s in the second picture. The first revolution, in accordance with the definition of a revolution by the note “1 cycle” in the first picture, in the second picture begins from Time = 0 s where E.m.f. = 0 V.

1. What is the difference between the voltage curves of two AC Generators?

The voltage curve of an AC generator represents the variation of voltage output over time. The difference between two voltage curves for AC generators can be in terms of amplitude, frequency, phase shift, or waveform shape. Amplitude difference indicates varying voltage output levels, frequency difference indicates different rates of voltage change over time, phase shift difference indicates a time delay between the two voltage curves, and waveform shape difference indicates variations in the pattern of voltage output.

2. How do the frequency curves of two AC Generators differ?

The frequency curve of an AC generator represents the variation of frequency output over time. The difference between two frequency curves for AC generators can be in terms of frequency range, frequency stability, frequency modulation, or frequency response. Frequency range difference indicates different frequency output limits, frequency stability difference indicates variations in maintaining a constant frequency output, frequency modulation difference indicates changes in frequency due to external factors, and frequency response difference indicates the ability of the generator to respond to frequency variations.

3. What is the phase difference between the two current curves of AC Generators?

The phase difference between two current curves for AC generators represents the time delay between the two current outputs. This phase difference can be in terms of leading or lagging phase, where leading phase indicates one current curve reaching its peak before the other, and lagging phase indicates one current curve reaching its peak after the other. The phase difference between current curves can affect the overall power output and efficiency of the AC generators.

4. How do the efficiency curves of two AC Generators compare?

The efficiency curve of an AC generator represents the variation of efficiency over time. The difference between two efficiency curves for AC generators can be in terms of overall efficiency, peak efficiency, efficiency drop-off, or efficiency recovery. Overall efficiency difference indicates variations in the average efficiency of the generators, peak efficiency difference indicates the highest efficiency levels reached, efficiency drop-off difference indicates the rate at which efficiency decreases, and efficiency recovery difference indicates the ability of the generator to regain efficiency after a drop-off.

5. What are the differences in the power output curves of two AC Generators?

The power output curve of an AC generator represents the variation of power output over time. The difference between two power output curves for AC generators can be in terms of power levels, power stability, power modulation, or power response. Power levels difference indicates varying power output levels, power stability difference indicates variations in maintaining a constant power output, power modulation difference indicates changes in power due to external factors, and power response difference indicates the ability of the generator to respond to power variations.