Where are you on the political compass?

• News
  • Thread starter Lyuokdea
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Compass
In summary, the conversation revolved around a political test that measures one's position on the economic left/right and libertarian/authoritarian scale. Participants shared their scores and discussed their views, with some being surprised by their results. Some participants identified with specific political parties while others considered themselves to be independent and open-minded. The conversation also touched on the flaws of ideologies and the importance of thinking for oneself when it comes to political issues.
The only one I see in that quadrant is Friedman who I know little about.

You are not nearly as economically right as Friedman. Friedman = a less irrationally idiotic Ayn Rand, though still idiotic. Friedman, from what I hear, gets little respect in academia (Ayn Rand just gets mocked or ignored), even in economics where he won the Nobel Prize (many people wonder how the hell he got it, even conservatives - econmic libertarians in general are seen as fools who neither have the capacity nor the will to actually learn how markets work in reality).

edit -Whoa! Friedman (the intellectual father of trickel down economics) now admits he was wrong! Well, at least in the actual real-world use of his famous position by England... http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,982271,00.html

Last edited by a moderator: