Where can I find lectures on classical mechanics online?

In summary, a high school student looking for lectures on classical mechanics for a regional qualifying camp can find several sets of lectures from MIT by searching "MIT classical mechanics" on Google. Another option is to search for lectures by Walter Lewin, a renowned physicist and former MIT professor. Although his lectures were previously taken off of MIT OCW and YouTube, they can now be found on his own channel called "Lectures by Walter Lewin." His lectures are highly recommended and can be found in various playlists for different courses.
Asad Raza
I am a high school student looking for some amazing lectures online to study classical mechanics for a regional qualifying camp for ipho.

Physics news on Phys.org
A Google search for "MIT classical mechanics" will give you several sets of lectures from MIT at various levels.

While i don't think you are in a need of them now but i will write it for the people who come on this thread for the same question.
Just search Youtube Lectures by Walter lewin.
As you might know Walter lewin was a prof. at MIT and is a renowned physicist and widely regarded as the most amazing lecturer of this time. Due to some problems his lecture videos were taken off from MIT OCW and youtube but he uploaded them in his own channel by the name of "Lectures by walter lewin. They will make you *heart emoji* physics".
So check out that channel along with the playlist he created for different courses.

1. Where can I find free online lectures on classical mechanics?

There are several websites that offer free lectures on classical mechanics, such as Coursera, edX, and Khan Academy. You can also check out universities' websites for recorded lectures from their physics departments.

2. Are there any specific platforms or websites that specialize in classical mechanics lectures?

Yes, there are some platforms that specifically offer lectures on classical mechanics, such as The Feynman Lectures on Physics, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom. These websites have a wide range of lectures, notes, and practice problems for classical mechanics.

3. Can I find lectures on advanced topics in classical mechanics online?

Yes, there are online platforms that offer lectures on advanced topics in classical mechanics, such as Lagrangian mechanics, Hamiltonian mechanics, and special relativity. Some examples include University of Oxford's Theoretical Physics lectures, The Great Courses, and Physics Stack Exchange.

4. Are there any interactive or visual resources for learning classical mechanics online?

Yes, there are many interactive and visual resources for learning classical mechanics online, such as simulations, animations, and virtual labs. Some websites that offer these resources include PhET Interactive Simulations, Physics Classroom, and The Mechanical Universe and Beyond.

5. Can I find lectures on classical mechanics in languages other than English?

Yes, there are online platforms that offer lectures on classical mechanics in languages other than English, such as French, Spanish, and German. Some examples include Université de Paris's YouTube channel, Universidad de Granada's OpenCourseWare, and Technische Universität München's OpenCourseWare.