Where can I find The Feynman Lectures on Physics at a discount?

In summary: I don't know if you are familiar with the New Millennium edition - it is basically the same as the second edition, but with corrections that appeared in the literature after the book was published.
paulimerci
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for The Feynman Lectures on Physics including Feynman's Tips on Physics: The Definitive and Extended Edition (2nd edition, 2005) for a discounted price. Any suggestions where I might look for one?

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Frabjous
paulimerci said:
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for The Feynman Lectures on Physics including Feynman's Tips on Physics: The Definitive and Extended Edition (2nd edition, 2005) for a discounted price. Any suggestions where I might look for one?
Typically, popular books like this remain at a constant price. Its very rare to find on sale. In general, one can use search engines that compare the price of books on popular sites. ie., bookfinder

Likes paulimerci
MidgetDwarf said:
Typically, popular books like this remain at a constant price. Its very rare to find on sale. In general, one can use search engines that compare the price of books on popular sites. ie., bookfinder
Thank you!

You can read them online for free.

paulimerci said:
You could try university bookstores. Around now, they might be having sales to clear out inventory for next term.

I have several copies, including a few still in the shrink wrap, given to me by the publisher (because I created this edition and am one of the authors of the "Tips" book). I am not supposed to sell them. ;-) I am curious to know why you are looking for it. I suppose you are a book collector. The latest (New Millennium) editions of FLP and 'Tips' are better, insofar as studying physics goes.

1. Where can I find The Feynman Lectures on Physics at a discount?

The Feynman Lectures on Physics can often be found at a discounted price on online marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay. You can also check with your local library or university library to see if they have a copy available for borrowing.

2. Are there any online retailers that offer discounts on The Feynman Lectures on Physics?

Yes, there are several online retailers that offer discounts on The Feynman Lectures on Physics, such as Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, and ThriftBooks. You can also search for coupon codes or sign up for email alerts from these retailers to be notified of any sales or promotions.

3. Is it possible to find used copies of The Feynman Lectures on Physics at a discount?

Yes, you can often find used copies of The Feynman Lectures on Physics at a discounted price on websites such as Amazon, eBay, and AbeBooks. Just make sure to check the condition of the book before purchasing to ensure it is in good quality.

4. Are there any physical bookstores that offer discounts on The Feynman Lectures on Physics?

Yes, some physical bookstores may offer discounts on The Feynman Lectures on Physics, especially during sales or clearance events. It is always best to call ahead and ask if they have the book in stock and if they are offering any discounts.

5. Are there any other ways to get The Feynman Lectures on Physics at a discount?

Aside from online and physical retailers, you can also try searching for local buy/sell/trade groups on social media platforms or websites like Craigslist. You may be able to find someone selling a used copy at a discounted price. Additionally, you can also check with your local bookstore to see if they offer any membership or loyalty programs that may offer discounts on books.