Where Can I Find the Proof of Asymptotically Helical Trajectory in a Lattice?

In summary, Minsky states in his article 'Cellular vacuum' that a bounded packet moving in a regular lattice will have an asymptotically helical trajectory. The reference for this statement can be found on page 548, where Minsky cites the work of P.A.M. Dirac, who first showed this concept in his paper "On the theory of lattices" in 1958.
intervoxel
In the article 'Cellular vacuum' (Int. J. Theor. Phys. 21: 537-551, 1982), Minsky writes: "One can prove that any bounded packet which moves within a regular lattice must have an asymptotically helical trajectory...". But he gives no references whatsoever.
I had no success in a search on the internet, so I ask if someone could help me in this regard.

Physics news on Phys.org
The reference for this statement is actually provided in the article itself. It can be found on page 548, where Minsky cites the work of P.A.M. Dirac, who first showed that a bounded packet must have an asymptotically helical trajectory in a lattice. The relevant citation is: P. A. M. Dirac, "On the theory of lattices," Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 246 (1958), 326-332.

What is uniform motion in a lattice?

Uniform motion in a lattice refers to the movement of particles or objects within a regular, repeating structure. This type of motion is characterized by a constant speed and direction, with particles moving in a straight line between lattice points.

What causes uniform motion in a lattice?

Uniform motion in a lattice is typically caused by external forces, such as a constant applied force or a uniform electric or magnetic field. These forces act on the particles within the lattice and cause them to move in a uniform manner.

How is uniform motion in a lattice different from random motion?

Uniform motion in a lattice is different from random motion in that it follows a predictable pattern and is not affected by random fluctuations. In random motion, particles move in an unpredictable manner and can change direction or speed at any time.

What are some real-world examples of uniform motion in a lattice?

Some real-world examples of uniform motion in a lattice include the movement of electrons in a crystal lattice, the motion of atoms in a solid, and the flow of particles in a regular grid of microfluidic channels.

Why is uniform motion in a lattice important in scientific research?

Uniform motion in a lattice is important in scientific research because it allows for the study of the behavior and properties of particles in a controlled and predictable environment. This type of motion is also commonly observed in many natural and man-made systems, making it a relevant topic in various fields of study.