Where can I take online Physics exams (Bachelor's level) without class

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's desire to get an academic certification in Physics through remote online exams. However, the conversation concludes that it is not possible to obtain an academic credential solely through exams and suggests alternative options such as online degree programs or CLEP exams. The speaker mentions Thomas Edison State University as a reputable online school for those unable to attend traditional classes.
Aniruddha_Abir
I self study Physics for a long time. But I have no academic certification. I want to take remote online exams for the following subjects and get my certified marksheet- 1. Atomic & Molecular Physics. 2. Quantum Mechanics-I. 3. Computer Fundamentals and Numerical Analysis. 4. Electronics-I. 5. Nuclear Physics-I. 6. Solid State Physics-I. 7. Mathematical Physics.

• Skeptical
Likes weirdoguy
Physics news on Phys.org
In the US, Japan, and Europe at least, one cannot get an academic credential simply by taking exams.

Likes DEvens and weirdoguy
Here's me picturing an on-line accredited BSc degree. :wideeyed: Here's me picturing myself offering to take the exam for somebody, for the right price. :woot: Here's me telling the people running the scheme that I'm keeping the money, but here's the name of the person who gave it to me. 🤪

I think the best you can hope for is study programs that may assist you in taking a degree program at a school.

Likes Dishsoap
There are CLEP exams for Freshman and Sophomore level courses. None are directly specific to your request. You might consider an on-line program through an accredited program, but if you are not in the US, I wouldn't know what to suggest. For anyone in the US that cannot attend school in a conventional manner, there are some pretty good reputable schools that offer courses and degrees online. One such school is Thomas Edison State University (A state school in NJ, yeah...New Joisey!). If you cannot find a way to attend classes you will have to be flexible in what you pursue.

1. Where can I find online Physics exams for a Bachelor's level without taking a class?

There are several websites that offer online Physics exams for Bachelor's level without requiring you to take a class. Some popular options include Coursera, edX, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These platforms offer a variety of courses and exams in Physics that you can take at your own pace without enrolling in a class.

2. Are there any free options for taking online Physics exams at a Bachelor's level without a class?

Yes, there are many free options for taking online Physics exams at a Bachelor's level without a class. Some of the websites mentioned earlier, such as Coursera and edX, offer free courses and exams. Additionally, websites like Khan Academy and OpenStax provide free study materials and practice exams for Physics at the Bachelor's level.

3. Can I receive a certificate or credit for completing online Physics exams without taking a class?

Yes, some websites do offer certificates or credit for completing online Physics exams without taking a class. However, this may vary depending on the platform and the specific exam. It is important to check the website's policies and requirements before enrolling in an exam to receive credit or a certificate.

4. Are online Physics exams without a class as rigorous as traditional in-person exams?

Online Physics exams without a class can vary in rigor depending on the platform and the exam itself. However, many reputable websites offer exams that are just as rigorous as traditional in-person exams. It is important to thoroughly research the website and exam before enrolling to ensure it meets your academic needs and standards.

5. Can I take online Physics exams without a class if I am not currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level Physics program?

Yes, you can still take online Physics exams without being enrolled in a Bachelor's level Physics program. These exams are open to anyone who is interested in learning about Physics at the Bachelor's level, regardless of their current academic status. However, it is important to have a strong understanding of the subject matter before enrolling in an exam without a class.