Where do I get raw data for plotting Bragg curve?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a database that provides raw data for plotting the Bragg's curve for alpha particles energy loss vs range in Silicon, Germanium, and CZT. They have already searched online but were only able to find pre-plotted curves and are now seeking raw data for use in their PhD thesis.
srbheese
Hi people,

I am looking for a database where I can get raw data to plot the Bragg's curve for alpha particles energy loss vs range in Silicon, Germanium and CZT.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Shri

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello srbheese, :welcome:

Did you google ?
Is this a homework assignment ?

Hey BvU,

Yes, I did look up for it online but all I could find was already plotted Bragg's curve (eg Wikipedia).
I would like to get the raw data (similar to what ENDF, ASTAR, PSTAR offer) which was used to plot these and include them in my PhD thesis.

Thanks.

1. Where can I find raw data for plotting Bragg curves?

Raw data for plotting Bragg curves can be found in various sources including scientific publications, online databases, and research institutions. Some common databases include the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI).

2. Are there any specific formats for raw data used for plotting Bragg curves?

Yes, there are specific formats for raw data used for plotting Bragg curves. The most common formats are CSV (Comma Separated Values) and TXT (Text) files. However, some databases may have their own specific formats, so it is important to check the format before downloading the data.

3. Can I generate my own raw data for plotting Bragg curves?

Yes, it is possible to generate your own raw data for plotting Bragg curves. This can be done through experiments using particle accelerators or by using simulation software specifically designed for this purpose. However, it is important to ensure that the data is accurate and reliable.

4. Is there any free software available for plotting Bragg curves?

Yes, there are free software programs available for plotting Bragg curves. Some examples include PyBragg, BraggPeakFit, and GenBragg. These programs can be easily downloaded and used for data visualization and analysis.

5. Can I use raw data from different sources for plotting Bragg curves?

Yes, it is possible to use raw data from different sources for plotting Bragg curves. However, it is important to ensure that the data is compatible and can be plotted together accurately. It is also recommended to properly cite the sources of the data if it is used in a research project or publication.