Where to get the aa sequences?

• Thread starter sotellme
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sequences
In summary, you can find the full length protein or nucleotide sequences by going to the NCBI website and doing a search. If you have an accession number, you can find it using the search engine.
sotellme
where can we get the full length of amino acid sequences? i have very little bioinformatic background so please the more you explain the better it would be :-p :biggrin:

thank you!

Biology news on Phys.org
go to the ncbi website (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/) and do a search in their protein or nucleotide databanks. You type the protein or/and the organism that you want and can get acces to the protein or nucleotide sequence. If you have an accession number from a certain sequence (it usually giveen in scientific papers), you can find it using the search engine.

but the CDS is that the nucleotide sequence of the mature mRNA or premature mRNA?

BWT i am a beginner and really want to learn and use the tools in bioinformatic. do you know any place or books which is simple but quite useful?

thanks again!

the CDS is the ORF and it will be the premature form.

I am in the process of writing a tutorial about bioinformation.

iansmith said:
I am in the process of writing a tutorial about bioinformation.

hi!
is this your thesis or you have finished studying? you must know a lot about bioinformatic, then :cool: :smile:

the problem is English is not my language that is why a lot of words and explanations in the bioiformatic sites confuse me. i hardly understand what they are looking for :cry: do you have any advice you can afford me?

thanks!

I worked a lot with bioinformatics and took a graduate level course. I write the tutorial during my free time and it will be posted in the science article website.

As far as the language goes, english is not my first language either and sometimes to understand what they are asking for you have to know the theory behind tools.

okey! i will remember that :approve:

thanks!

Related to Where to get the aa sequences?

1. Where can I find aa sequences for a specific protein?

There are several databases that provide aa sequences for various proteins. Some commonly used databases include UniProt, NCBI Protein database, and Swiss-Prot. These databases can be accessed online for free.

2. How can I retrieve aa sequences for a large number of proteins at once?

You can use bioinformatics tools such as BLAST or Clustal Omega to retrieve aa sequences for multiple proteins at once. These tools allow you to input a list of protein names or sequences and will provide the corresponding aa sequences.

3. Can I obtain aa sequences for a protein from a specific organism?

Yes, most databases allow you to search for aa sequences based on the organism of interest. You can also use advanced search options in bioinformatics tools to filter results by organism.

4. Are there any limitations to the aa sequences available in databases?

Some databases may not have aa sequences for all proteins, especially for newly discovered or rare proteins. Additionally, the aa sequences in databases may not always be completely accurate, so it is important to verify them through other sources.

5. How often are aa sequences updated in databases?

The frequency of updates varies depending on the database. Some databases update aa sequences daily, while others may update them less frequently, such as once a month or once a year. It is important to check the date of the aa sequence to ensure you are using the most recent version.