Which book is better for the physics olympiad?

In summary, for the mechanics portion of the physics Olympiad, both "Introduction to mechanics" by Kleppner-D.-Kolenkow-R.J. and "Introduction to classical mechanics" by David Morin are good options with problem-solving lessons. For electromagnetism, "Electricity and Magnetism" by Purcell and Morin and "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by Griffiths are recommended for their good problem sets. For relativity, "Gravity Hartle" is suggested as a good option. It is also recommended to solve problems from all of these books.
Ankit Chowdhury
Which book is better for mechanics of physics Olympiad-
1)Introduction to mechanics by Kleppner-D.-Kolenkow-R.J.-
or
2)Introduction to classical mechanics by David Morin.
And for Emag
1)Electricity and Magnetism by Purcell and Morin
or
2)Introduction to Electrodynamics by Griffiths
For relativity
1)Gravity Hartle
or please suggest any other books of this three types

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Ankit!
The truth is,for olympiad one should solve many problems.You could find the lessons in every books.I recommend you get all of them,and
solve the problems available on them.I also think the Morin's mechanics got the soloutions on itself too.
David cheng's electromagnetic and Nayfe's one got good problems.

Likes mastercoin

1. What are the top books recommended for the physics olympiad?

The top books recommended for the physics olympiad vary depending on personal preference and learning style. Some popular choices include "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard P. Feynman, "Concepts of Physics" by Dr. H.C. Verma, and "Problems in General Physics" by I.E. Irodov.

2. Are there any online resources or study guides that can help with the physics olympiad?

Yes, there are many online resources and study guides available for the physics olympiad. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, Physics Forums, and APlusTopper.

3. Is it better to focus on one book or use multiple books for preparation?

It is recommended to use multiple books for preparation as each book may cover different topics or provide different explanations. This can help give a more well-rounded understanding of the subject.

4. Can I use textbooks from my school or university to prepare for the physics olympiad?

Yes, textbooks from school or university can be a helpful resource for preparation. However, it is important to supplement with other resources specifically geared towards the physics olympiad to ensure all necessary topics are covered.

5. Are there any specific strategies or tips for using books to prepare for the physics olympiad?

Some helpful strategies for using books to prepare for the physics olympiad include setting a study schedule, actively taking notes and practicing problems, and utilizing online resources such as forums and study guides for additional support.