Which books should I buy for my college ?

In summary, the best books for basic aeronautical engineering may vary depending on the specific coursework of the program. However, "Eight Amazing Engineering Stories" by Bill Hammack is a recommended read as it offers insight into the practical aspects of engineering, such as budget and schedule constraints. Additionally, his YouTube channel, "engineerguy," provides helpful videos on various engineering topics.
laviar
Hello. I'm going to University on this September , Bachelor in Aeronautical Engineering. I want to know
Which are the best books for basic aeronautical engineering?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. I think many engineering programs take pretty much the same coursework for the first year or so: Calculus, Physics, Chemistry. Some sort of programming like FORTRAN or C, maybe Python or MATLAB. Look at the college catalog to see what the degree program looks like.

There is a book, which I like: Eight Amazing Engineering Stories: Using the Elements to Create Extraordinary Technologies. Bill Hammack looks at different elements (for example Lead, then shows how a lead-acid battery works and why it is important in society). He has some nice YouTube videos under the name engineerguy. Both the book and videos give some insight into what makes good engineering (or not). It is not always the best scientific solution. Engineers often deal with budget and schedule constraints as well.

Here is the Amazon book link https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983966133/?tag=pfamazon01-20
His YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/engineerguyvideo/videos

Likes laviar
scottdave said:
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. I think many engineering programs take pretty much the same coursework for the first year or so: Calculus, Physics, Chemistry. Some sort of programming like FORTRAN or C, maybe Python or MATLAB. Look at the college catalog to see what the degree program looks like.

There is a book, which I like: Eight Amazing Engineering Stories: Using the Elements to Create Extraordinary Technologies. Bill Hammack looks at different elements (for example Lead, then shows how a lead-acid battery works and why it is important in society). He has some nice YouTube videos under the name engineerguy. Both the book and videos give some insight into what makes good engineering (or not). It is not always the best scientific solution. Engineers often deal with budget and schedule constraints as well.

Here is the Amazon book link https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983966133/?tag=pfamazon01-20
His YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/engineerguyvideo/videos

Thank you for your recommendation.

1. What are the top recommended books for my college courses?

The answer to this question will vary depending on your college, major, and specific courses. It is best to consult with your professors or academic advisors for recommendations on required or suggested textbooks.

2. Are there any online resources or e-books available for my college textbooks?

Many textbooks are now available in digital format, either through online resources provided by your college or through e-book platforms like Kindle or Google Books. It is worth checking with your professors or campus bookstore to see if digital versions are available for your textbooks.

3. Can I purchase used or rented textbooks for my college courses?

Yes, many textbook rental and used book websites offer affordable options for college students. It is important to make sure you are purchasing the correct edition of the textbook required for your specific course.

4. Is it better to wait until the first day of class to buy my textbooks?

This depends on your personal preference and the policies of your college or professors. Some courses may require you to have the textbook on the first day, while others may not use the textbook until later in the semester. It is best to check with your professors or course syllabus for any specific instructions.

5. Are there any alternative resources or study materials I can use instead of buying textbooks?

Some colleges may offer alternative resources, such as online course materials, that can be used instead of purchasing textbooks. Your professors may also recommend supplemental materials or resources that can be used in addition to or instead of the textbook. It is important to communicate with your professors about any alternative resources they may suggest.