Which Crazy Green Idea Will Win the Next X Prize?

• Thread starter drownythebear
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Green Idea
In summary, the X Prize Foundation is currently holding a video-submission contest to determine their newest challenge, with the winning video receiving $25,000 and becoming the subject of the latest X Prize. The three proposed challenges include a solar cell and heat pump project, a capacitor challenge, and a conservation challenge. The video with the most votes will win, and no registration is required to vote. Personal opinions on the challenges vary, with some leaning towards the capacitor challenge, while others believe that the conservation challenge is something that people can already do, but may not have the motivation to do so.
drownythebear
Remember the X Prize Foundation?

In case you forgot, the X Prize Foundation is the group that awarded the $10000000 Ansari X Prize to SpaceShipOne four years ago:http://space.xprize.org/ansari-x-prize.

Has anyone seen the new video-submission contest to determine the X Prize Foundation's newest challenge?

Check it out: http://www.xprize.org/crazy-green-idea.

Viewers vote on one of three videos (selected by the Foundation in a previous round of competition) that describe proposed "green" 10-million dollar challenges for the X Prize Foundation. The winning video gets 25,000 dollars and the knowledge that their idea will be the subject of the latest X Prize.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I like The Capacitor Challenge, but (full disclosure) I actually know a friend of one of the people in the video, so I am slightly partial.

Voting is pretty easy; no registration is required.

I encourage everyone on this forum to vote

Physics news on Phys.org
I could not vote for any of them, the first one solar cell, heat pumps etc i think would be to expensive for the average person.
The capacitor one seems far fetched.
And the conservation one is some thing we all can do now, but people just can not be bothered.

for their favorite idea and spread the word to others.

I find the idea of using competitions like the X Prize to incentivize and promote innovative solutions to environmental issues to be extremely exciting and promising. The previous X Prizes, such as the Ansari X Prize for space travel, have shown that this model can be successful in driving technological advancements and inspiring creativity.

Out of the three proposed ideas, I believe The Capacitor Challenge has the most potential to make a significant impact in the green energy sector. The concept of using capacitors to store and release energy has been around for a while, but this challenge would push for the development of more efficient and cost-effective capacitors that could potentially revolutionize the way we store and use energy.

However, I also recognize the potential of the other two ideas – The Vertical Farming Challenge and The Carbon Capture Challenge. Vertical farming has the potential to address food security and sustainability issues, while carbon capture technology could play a crucial role in mitigating the effects of climate change.

Ultimately, the decision on which idea will win the next X Prize should be based on its potential impact, feasibility, and scalability. I encourage everyone to watch the videos and vote for the idea that they believe has the most potential to make a positive impact on our planet. I also encourage the X Prize Foundation to carefully consider all three ideas and potentially even combine elements from each to create a comprehensive and impactful challenge. Let's continue to support and promote innovative solutions to our environmental challenges through initiatives like the X Prize.

What is the "Crazy Green Idea"?

The "Crazy Green Idea" is a concept that proposes using alternative and sustainable methods to reduce our impact on the environment and combat climate change.

How does the "Crazy Green Idea" differ from other environmental initiatives?

The "Crazy Green Idea" sets itself apart by offering unique and unconventional solutions to environmental issues, often challenging traditional methods and practices.

What are some examples of "Crazy Green Ideas" that have been successful?

One successful "Crazy Green Idea" is the use of vertical farming to grow crops in urban areas, reducing the need for transportation and minimizing the impact of food production on the environment.

Are there any risks associated with implementing "Crazy Green Ideas"?

As with any new idea, there is always a risk of failure or unforeseen consequences. However, by carefully researching and testing these ideas, we can minimize these risks and potentially discover innovative solutions to environmental problems.

How can individuals support the "Crazy Green Idea"?

Individuals can support the "Crazy Green Idea" by making small changes in their daily lives, such as using reusable products, reducing energy consumption, and supporting companies and organizations that prioritize sustainability.