Which Degree is Better: Micromass or Kevin_Axion?

• Thread starter Kevin_Axion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Micromass
In summary: I voted for math because it's the only rational answer.Mathematics is the answer because it is the most logical and unbiased.Mathematics is the answer because everyone can understand it.Pure mathematics is the answer because it is the most applicable field.Math is the answer because it is the most enjoyable.Math is the answer because it has the most potential for a successful career.Math is the answer because it offers the most interesting research opportunities.Math is the answer because it has the most depth.Math is the answer because it is the most applicable to real life.In summary, math is the best option because it is the most logical, unbiased, applicable, enjoyable, and has the most potential for a successful career.

Which One is the Best for Undergraduate (Micro vs KA)

• Pure Mathematics

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Chemical Engineering

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mechanical Engineering

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Electrical Engineering

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Kevin_Axion
Settle a debate me and micromass have been having recently, it's simple, pure math or engineering for an undergraduate degree. Consider all factors including employability, enjoyability, research prospects, interest, depth, applicability etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
Everybody who votes for pure math gets free cookies! :biggrin:

Given the same educational experience, the person makes the difference in every factor you mention for each of the listed fields.

Were I to vote though, I would of course pick everybody's favourite; Electrical Engineering.

Physics rules all.

Where is physics? Or are you just competing for second place?

Haha, I know physics would get number one here and I don't really want that data. It looks like Micro is winning :(.

I am starting a write in campaign for physics.

I voted for the cookies. I mean, Pure Mathematics.

Everyone knows EE is the right answer. We don't need polls to find that out :)

I voted for pure mathematics even though as Oscar Wilde said, mathematics is rarely pure and never simple.

I voted for math. Where are my cookies?

I vote pure math, but then, I'm prejudiced, since I chose that route and enjoyed it very much! :smile:
(And I want cookies!)

micromass said:
Everybody who votes for pure math gets free cookies! :biggrin:

Well played, MM, well played. You're on my radar now. :wink:

eh, it depends. electrical is pretty mathy, but it doesn't really kick in until graduate level work. i'd expect chemE to be using a good deal of control theory like EE, but you'd need a lot more mechanical knowledge, like thermo. i suspect ME to have more mathy applications that are tied to newer techniques that are relatively cheap and powerful now, like GPU programming. if you're interested in applied math, then pure math may not equip you with practical design experience, knowing where to make the tradeoffs between perfection and good enough.

No Engineering Physics? Okay, EE is close enough.

I vote for Applied Mathematics degree.

Err...I am a Computer Engineering Major. Since it was not up I thought about EE and PM. Computer Engineering is similar to EE but there is a reason why I chose not to major in EE. I also did it for the cookies so PM it is. x)

Cookies please :)

1. What is the difference between a degree in Micromass and Kevin_Axion?

Micromass is a degree in mass spectrometry, which is a technique used in analytical chemistry to identify and quantify chemical compounds. Kevin_Axion is not a degree, but rather a username or name of a person. It is not clear what specific field or degree is being referred to.

2. Which degree has better job prospects - Micromass or Kevin_Axion?

Both Micromass and Kevin_Axion are not specific degrees, so it is difficult to compare their job prospects. It ultimately depends on the specific degree and field of study within Micromass or Kevin_Axion, as well as individual skills and experience.

3. Is a degree in Micromass or Kevin_Axion more difficult to obtain?

Both Micromass and Kevin_Axion are not specific degrees, so it is difficult to determine which is more difficult to obtain. It depends on the specific degree, program, and individual's abilities and dedication.

4. Can you pursue a career in both Micromass and Kevin_Axion with a degree in one of them?

As mentioned, Micromass and Kevin_Axion are not specific degrees. However, if one has a degree in a related field within either Micromass or Kevin_Axion, it is possible to pursue a career in the other field with additional training and experience.

5. Which degree is more relevant in the current job market - Micromass or Kevin_Axion?

It is difficult to determine the relevance of either Micromass or Kevin_Axion without knowing the specific degree and field of study. Both fields may have various job opportunities, and it would depend on the demand and current job market for those specific skills and qualifications.