Who is Dr. Robert, a Multifaceted Scientist and Educator?

In summary, Dr. Robert is a multifaceted scientist and educator with a diverse range of expertise. He has a PhD in physics and has conducted extensive research in the fields of biophysics, nanotechnology, and renewable energy. He is also a passionate educator, having taught at prestigious universities and developed innovative teaching methods. Dr. Robert is known for his ability to bridge the gap between science and society, making complex concepts accessible to a wider audience. He continues to make significant contributions to the scientific community and inspire future generations through his work.
Robert Ott
I am a Rutgers and NJIT-educated professor of Physics, now under contract to Farmingdale State College and Nassau Community College, with other recent assignments at LIU Post and the BOCES Regional STEM High School.

I embarked on doctoral-level studies in 2010 at Stony Brook University in their Mechanical Engineering program, participating in a research project through the Collider-Accelerator Department at Brookhaven National Laboratory. Working with BNL researchers on their proposed Muon Collider, my research was focused on creating a sustainable 40-Tesla Superconducting Magnet for the Muon Collider. I have a current interest in Fusion Energy as a sustainable, pollution-free alternative to Fission, particularly in Inertial Confinement.

Previous work teaching Engineering includes solar power and renewable energy, capitalizing on my Masters in Civil/Environmental Engineering. In 2016 I served as a judge for the Nassau County Science Competition. I also continue to work with Method Test Prep as a teacher of SAT/ACT, in the classroom and one-to-one, preparing students for the rigors of college-entry examinations. I hold national certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, and welcome to PF, Robert! :biggrin: