Who is the Ultimate PF Weight Loss Champion?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary, the company is in competition with other companies in the business park to see which company can lose the most weight. A PFer is trying to lose weight, and it would be interesting to see which PFer can lose the most weight.
gravenewworld
So my company is in competition with other companies in the business park we are into see which company can lose the most weight (like the TV show) to take the title of the 'biggest loser'. I'm sure I'm not the only PFer that is trying to lose weight. It would be interesting to see which PFer can lose the most. It would be also a good motivational thread for people trying to lose weight to actually keep at it. Since losing 5 lbs is much harder if you are only 5 lbs overweight than losing 5lbs if you are 50 lbs overweight, we could post how much you lost and how much of a %age of your total weight you lost.

Me: originally 163 lbs (5'6" frame).

Now: 149 lbs.

Lost 8.5% of my original total body weight so far. I plateaued for a long long time at 151 lbs. until I shook up my exercise routine drastically.

Goal weight: 140 lbs or 145 lbs if it is more muscle, I can definitely tell I am bulking up more from lifting weights. Lost a lot of weight by cutting drastically down on drinking, making cardio my centerpiece of my exercise routine, and lift weight everyday. Also improved my diet.

Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't 160 a healthy weight for someone your height? 140 sounds a bit skinny.

Pm 72

Sounds like fun.

Right now I'm 5'11" and 196 lbs. Since August I've gained roughly 7lbs, I'm assuming mostly muscle given my biceps have grown considerably.

Target weight: I'd like to be beneath 185 if that were possible. But we'll see. I'm going to start training for a triathlon in the late summer so we'll see how it goes with the increased cardio workout.

NoobixCube said:
Pm 72

Excuse my ignorance, but, aaahhh...what?

Moonbear said:
Isn't 160 a healthy weight for someone your height? 140 sounds a bit skinny.
Not really, 163 lbs = BMI of 26.3, which is classified as overweight.

140 lbs would be a BMI of 22.6 which puts me at the middle range for a healthy weight. I'm not really that skinny either, I have a pretty stocky build.
I think a lot of people have a misconception as to what a healthy weight is. An average guy who is 6'0" and 210 lbs is most likely overweight. Most people don't have very muscular builds and aren't athletes.

5'6 and 145 sounds better to me than 163...But i can't talk, I'm 5'6 and 100 lbs.

gravenewworld said:

140 lbs would be a BMI of 22.6 which puts me at the middle range for a healthy weight.

I'm not really that skinny either, I have a pretty stocky build.

I think a lot of people have a misconception as to what a healthy weight is. An average guy who is 6'0" and 210 lbs is most likely overweight. Most people don't have very muscular builds and aren't athletes.
I don't go according to BMI, because it takes NO account of body type or proportion of muscle to fat mass. Most guys I know wind up in the overweight category according to BMI, but if you look at them, it's clear they are very lean and muscular and not at all overweight.

When I was a junior in high school I was about 5' 7" and 220. I'm now about 5' 11" and 150. So I guess about 70 lbs.

Moonbear said:
I don't go according to BMI, because it takes NO account of body type or proportion of muscle to fat mass. Most guys I know wind up in the overweight category according to BMI, but if you look at them, it's clear they are very lean and muscular and not at all overweight.

I'm 5'10 and weigh 153 pounds. I'm nowhere skinny. More athletic looking.

My weight fluctuates way too much in the week. On Tuesday I was up to 199. Wednesday 197. Thursday 194. Friday 196.5.

I have recently though overhauled my diet and exercise routine to make sure I target individual muscle groups and make sure I'm getting enough protein. Most lift days I'm getting at least 150 grams of protein in!

Weighting 59 kg at 175 cm I am rather skinny and I don't plan to loose weight.

And now you all have no idea what I am talking about just like I have no idea what you are talking about. Let's call it a draw :smile:

Borek said:
Weighting 59 kg at 175 cm I am rather skinny and I don't plan to loose weight.

And now you all have no idea what I am talking about just like I have no idea what you are talking about. Let's call it a draw :smile:

I do! However I have no idea what the hell others are talking about:biggrin:

PS:1.Ok I have to admit that I know how to convert these units to the familier 1s but anyway I'm not comfortable with them!

2. Please respect SI units!:devil:

I'm 8.46 millifurlongs and 600 Newtons.

Redbelly98 said:
600 Newtons.

Where? On the Moon? :smile:

gravenewworld said:

My stats:

Height: 6.0ft Weight: 225lbs (Lost 5 pounds since I started Judo :approve: Of course, that's within the standard deviation for my weight:rolleyes:)

BMI is a horrible way to judge proper weight. I'm considered overweight with my height and weight.

Yet I'm a pretty lean guy for my size. I exercise regularly (running, weights, Judo). I don't have six pack abs, but I also don't have a large gut. I also have good blood pressure and cholesterol levels. As MB said, I think I'm only classified as overweight because of my body type.

The lowest weight of my adult life was 210. This was after major surgery and not eating solid food for several days in the hospital. I was weak and couldn't function well. This weight was obviously too low to be healthy for me. Even then, the BMI would say I was "overweight."

Last edited:
My doctor keeps telling me to lose a few pounds. I am stocky with a solid build, and I sink like a stone when I go swimming, so fat isn't the problem. Also, my cholesterol levels are better than average. I don't think the medical profession (when they use charts and averages and ignore individual variation in physiology) have a clue. My father is shorter than I am, and about 40 pounds heavier. He is almost 83 and still walks several miles every day for exercise.

Don't worry about your weight. Work on maintaining your fitness and your ability to perform physical tasks, and you'll be OK.

1. Who is considered the biggest PF loser?

The biggest PF (personal finance) loser is subjective and can vary depending on personal opinions and circumstances. There is no definitive answer to this question.

2. What are the characteristics of the biggest PF loser?

Again, the characteristics of the biggest PF loser can differ based on individual perspectives. Generally, a person who consistently makes poor financial decisions, has excessive debt, and struggles to manage their money could be considered a PF loser.

3. How can someone avoid becoming the biggest PF loser?

To avoid becoming the biggest PF loser, it is important to educate oneself on personal finance, create a budget and stick to it, avoid unnecessary debt, and save for the future. Seeking guidance from a financial advisor or attending financial literacy classes can also be beneficial.

4. Is it possible to recover from being the biggest PF loser?

Yes, it is possible to recover from being the biggest PF loser. It may take time and effort, but by making positive changes to one's financial habits and seeking help if needed, anyone can improve their financial situation.

5. What resources are available for those who are struggling with personal finance?

There are many resources available for those struggling with personal finance, such as financial advisors, budgeting apps, online courses, and books on personal finance. Many banks and credit unions also offer financial literacy programs and workshops. Additionally, there are online communities and forums where individuals can seek advice and support from others who have overcome financial struggles.

Back