Why do beds have springs in them?

• Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Springs
In summary: One of which was bed springs. He found that they helped with the noise that he made during sex. He was also trying to find a way to keep his partners longer.Lol, is that all you want to know about? Love chemicals, beds, etc. LOLYeah, the springs are so your neighbors, housemates, etc. know what your are doing. Ha ha ha
tgt
I use to wonder why beds have springs in them. Was it because it is better for the back? No , a springless bed with an ordinary mattress is better for the back?

Then I realized what it's for... love making.

Is this correct? Why else would you have springs in beds?

Physics news on Phys.org
Lol, is that all you want to know about? Love chemicals, beds, etc. LOL
Yeah, the springs are so your neighbors, housemates, etc. know what your are doing. Ha ha ha

There is a more basic issue of comfort. You may like sleeping on a mattress supported by a hard surface, but other people find that to be too firm. And as people get older this can become more of an issue. Springs were chosen because the gauge can be selected for a specific levels of support [stiffness] and because they retain their shape over long periods of time. Something like rubber [once used] loses its shape relatively quickly.

binzing said:
Yeah, the springs are so your neighbors, housemates, etc. know what your are doing. Ha ha ha

Well, I know a lot more than that. I was just curious.

binzing said:

There are people here that share differences of hobbies and professions.

I will use me as an example,(sticking to the bio track), I know quite a bit about "strange" occurrences that occur in the boyhood, I mainly read these in books and articles...

But as you will find out, I am not interested in "boyhoods" and the "strange" occurrences, but find it important to know these things.

Einstienear

Related to Why do beds have springs in them?

1. Why do beds have springs in them?

Beds have springs in them to provide support, comfort, and durability. The springs help distribute the weight of the body evenly, reducing pressure points and providing a more comfortable sleeping surface.

2. How do the springs in a bed work?

The springs in a bed are designed to compress and expand in response to pressure. When weight is applied to the bed, the springs compress and then return to their original position when the weight is removed. This movement helps to absorb the pressure and provide support.

3. Are there different types of springs used in beds?

Yes, there are several types of springs used in beds. The most common types are Bonnell, Pocket, and Continuous Coil. Each type has its own unique construction and offers different levels of support and comfort.

4. Do all beds have springs in them?

No, not all beds have springs in them. Some beds, such as memory foam or air mattresses, do not have springs. These beds rely on other materials for support and comfort.

5. How long do the springs in a bed typically last?

The lifespan of the springs in a bed can vary depending on the quality of the bed and how well it is maintained. On average, the springs in a bed can last anywhere from 8 to 10 years with proper care and maintenance.