Why doesn't SNEC work with my profile?

Another option could be to try a different method for splitting the files, such as using a different script or program specifically designed for this task. Overall, troubleshooting and checking for errors in the data and format will likely help solve the issue. In summary, the conversation discusses a python script used to split a star data file into two separate files for use in SNEC. However, when attempting to run SNEC with the custom profile, an error occurs. Possible solutions include checking the data format and values, as well as trying a different method for splitting the files.
iLaur
Hello,
I have made a python script that splits my desired star.data file from a MESA model into two distinct files that I need to use in SNEC link here:
https://github.com/abostroem/SNEC

My script is here :
https://github.com/ilaur/SNEC-Split

When I try to run SNEC with my custom profile it always "STOP Error in linterp!"
My guess is the my values are wrong somehow because the file format seems well.
Can anyone please help me in this matter?
And if you know a better way to split .data files into .short and .iso.dat files please do tell!

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
Thanks in advance!It's hard to say without seeing your script, but one possibility could be that the values are not in the correct format. SNEC requires the data to be in a specific format and if it isn't, it can cause that error. Check out the documentation for SNEC to make sure the data is formatted correctly. You may also want to double check the values in your data to make sure they are correct.

1. Why is SNEC not showing any results when I input my profile?

There could be multiple reasons for this. One possibility is that your profile does not match any existing data in the SNEC database. Another possibility is that your profile may not have enough information or unique identifiers to accurately match with the data. Additionally, SNEC may not have access to certain data sources that are necessary to generate results for your profile.

2. Can I trust the results generated by SNEC?

SNEC uses advanced algorithms and data from reliable sources to generate results. However, it is important to note that the results are not 100% accurate and should be interpreted with caution. Factors such as incomplete or incorrect data, as well as limitations of the algorithm, may affect the accuracy of the results.

3. How often are the SNEC database and algorithms updated?

The SNEC database and algorithms are continuously updated to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date results. However, the frequency of updates may vary depending on the availability of new data and resources.

4. Can I request for my profile to be removed from the SNEC database?

Yes, you can request for your profile to be removed from the SNEC database. However, this may not completely remove your information from all data sources used by SNEC. It is also important to note that removing your profile may affect the accuracy of results for other profiles that are related to yours.

5. How can I report any errors or issues with the results generated by SNEC?

If you notice any errors or issues with the results generated by SNEC, you can report them to the SNEC team for further investigation. This can help improve the accuracy and reliability of the results for future use.