Why is my snake not increasing after eating food?

In summary, there are several possible reasons for a snake not increasing in size after eating, including not actually consuming the food, lack of proper nutrition, health issues, or a shedding phase. The amount of size increase after a meal varies depending on factors such as the type and size of the snake and the prey it consumes. A diet lacking in essential nutrients can also hinder a snake's growth. It is normal for snakes to have periods of growth and no growth, and the best way to track growth is by measuring length and weight. If concerned, consult with a reptile veterinarian for professional advice.
shivajikobardan
TL;DR Summary
snake not increasing after eating food.

Here's the full code.
JavaScript:
snakeArr.unshift({ x: snakeArr[0].x + inputDir.x, y: snakeArr[0].y + inputDir.y })
This is the code to increase the size of snake once it collides with food.
The code above it and below it, sound play when food is eaten and changing food location when food is eaten are working(sound play won't work on codepen).
What's the problem. Please help to fix the issue and understand it as well.

Technology news on Phys.org
This issue has been fixed, I forgot to add CSS class to snake.

Likes jedishrfu

1. Why is my snake not increasing in size after eating?

There could be several reasons for this. It is important to first make sure that your snake is actually not increasing in size. Snakes grow slowly and it may not be noticeable on a day-to-day basis. If your snake is not increasing in size over a longer period of time, it could be due to improper feeding, a health issue, or a genetic factor.

2. Could my snake be sick if it is not increasing in size?

Yes, it is possible that your snake is sick if it is not increasing in size. A visit to a veterinarian who specializes in reptiles can help determine if there is an underlying health issue. Other signs of illness may include changes in behavior, lack of appetite, or changes in skin color or texture.

3. Is my snake not growing because I am not feeding it enough?

This could be a possibility, especially if your snake is still young and in a growth phase. It is important to feed your snake appropriately sized prey items and to monitor its weight and body condition. Overfeeding can also be detrimental to a snake's health, so it is important to follow a proper feeding schedule and portion size.

4. Can stress cause my snake to not increase in size after eating?

Yes, stress can have a negative impact on a snake's growth and overall health. Make sure your snake has a suitable and comfortable enclosure, proper temperature and humidity levels, and is not being handled too frequently or roughly. Changes in environment or routine can also cause stress in snakes, so try to maintain a consistent and predictable schedule.

5. Are there any other factors that could be affecting my snake's growth?

Aside from the factors mentioned above, genetics can also play a role in a snake's growth rate. Some species of snakes grow slower than others, and individual snakes within a species may have different growth rates. Additionally, snakes may go through periods of slower growth or may not grow at all during certain times of the year, such as during the winter or during a shedding cycle.