Working on a Physics Model, Requesting Info (See Inside)

In summary: B. Assuming the answer was YES to 1A, would it broaden and intensify the magnetic field as you build additional layers upon the prime solenoid?It's possible that it would, but again it would depend on the orientation of the solenoids.1C. Assuming the answer was YES to 1B, What effect would it have on the EMF if you gradually stepped up the current for every layer you add to the prime?There would be no effect on the EMF. The current would just flow through the wire as usual.1D. Assuming the answer was YES to 1C, would there be any significant differences
Yojinko
Hi! I'm working on something that could potentially be pretty big, maybe even huge, but I am in need of some consultation and data to work out various details in effort to buildup the framework needed for my theories.

Bear with me though... a lot of the questions I'm going to ask may not be anything that can be answered (yet) with absolute certainty so just toss me what you can and if you can't give a clear and definite answer just explain what you do know to the best of your ability.1. These first series of questions are in relation to the nature of a solenoid.

1A. Can you build a working solenoid within a solenoid (example would be a rod solenoid with a hallow tube around it and additional conductive wire wrapped around that)?

1B. Assuming the answer was YES to 1A, would it broaden and intensify the magnetic field as you build additional layers upon the prime solenoid?

1C. Assuming the answer was YES to 1B, What effect would it have on the EMF if you gradually stepped up the current for every layer you add to the prime?

1D. Assuming the answer was YES to 1C, would there be any significant differences in the nature of the EMF generated by this solenoid configuration in comparison to the EMF of singular solenoid?2. These questions will be in relation to the the forces exerted by the Earth itself under the concept of there being no external forces interfering with the Earth's own forces (sun, planets, galaxy).

2A. How far from the center of the Earth would you have to be before something that has mass would no longer be subject to the effects of the Earth's EMF?

2B. How far from the center of the Earth would you have to be in order to lose your orbit and as a result fly off?

2C. What would the Earth's electromagnetic field be measured as at the point in space where a satellite can no longer remain in stable orbit?3. These questions will be in relation to the Earth's EMF in relation to the sun assuming there was no moon orbiting the earth.

3A. Are there any gauge-able differences in a pinched EMF (earth's EMF in relation to the Sun) on the pinched side versus the opposing side?

3B. Assuming the answer was YES to 3A, If you took a still-shot of the Earth as it is orbiting the sun and measured, 10,000km from the center of the earth, the Earth's EMF at the point closest to the sun, and the Earth's EMF at the point furthest from the sun, what would be that measured difference?4. These questions are in relation to the nature of light (photons)

4A. Excluding mass in itself and gravitational forces, are there any EM waveforms which exist which can affect light in any way?

4B. Assuming the answer to 4A was YES, which waveforms can do this and in what way do they affect light?That's all I have for now but I'll probably have more in the future as I continue my work and I go over whatever information you guys can provide me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yojinko said:
Hi! I'm working on something that could potentially be pretty big, maybe even huge, but I am in need of some consultation and data to work out various details in effort to buildup the framework needed for my theories.

Hi Yojinko. Unfortunately PF rules regarding personal theories are very clear. They aren't allowed at all. Please understand that, given your apparent lack of knowledge in basic electromagnetic theory and electronic circuits, it is very unlikely that you've actually discovered some groundbreaking new theory or invented some new device.

That being said, I'm willing to answer your questions and leave this thread open if your personal theory is never mentioned and the discussion focuses solely on known science. If the discussion veers from known science into speculation then I will have to lock this thread and issue a warning.

Yojinko said:
1A. Can you build a working solenoid within a solenoid (example would be a rod solenoid with a hallow tube around it and additional conductive wire wrapped around that)?

1B. Assuming the answer was YES to 1A, would it broaden and intensify the magnetic field as you build additional layers upon the prime solenoid?

1C. Assuming the answer was YES to 1B, What effect would it have on the EMF if you gradually stepped up the current for every layer you add to the prime?

1D. Assuming the answer was YES to 1C, would there be any significant differences in the nature of the EMF generated by this solenoid configuration in comparison to the EMF of singular solenoid?

You can definitely build a solenoid within a solenoid. But all that would happen is that the field from each solenoid would either strengthen or weaken each other depending on the orientation of each solenoid. There would be no significant difference between this multi-solenoid and a single solenoid except for what I just mentioned. Note that even a single solenoid is usually constructed of many turns of wire, and each turn can be thought of as its own solenoid.

Yojinko said:
2. These questions will be in relation to the the forces exerted by the Earth itself under the concept of there being no external forces interfering with the Earth's own forces (sun, planets, galaxy).

2A. How far from the center of the Earth would you have to be before something that has mass would no longer be subject to the effects of the Earth's EMF?

2B. How far from the center of the Earth would you have to be in order to lose your orbit and as a result fly off?

2C. What would the Earth's electromagnetic field be measured as at the point in space where a satellite can no longer remain in stable orbit?

A. Electric and magnetic forces extend to infinity, meaning that they influence all objects no matter how far away they are. The strength of the force simply falls off with distance according to some very well known laws (inverse square law and inverse cube law). But this ignores the fact that the Earth's magnetic field is overwhelmed by the fields of other objects or just lost in the background noise past a certain point. Unfortunately there is no single distance where the field loses practically all of its influence thanks to interactions with the solar wind and the magnetic fields of other bodies.

B. That's not quite how orbits work. The gravitational force also extends to infinity. If it weren't for the influence of other objects, you could be in a stable orbit around the Earth no matter what distance you were from the Earth. In any case, whether your in a stable orbit around an object or not depends upon the mass of the bodies, the orbital velocity, and the distance between the bodies (orbital radius). The closer the bodies are the faster the orbital velocity needs to be to remain in a stable orbit. The more massive the bodies are the faster the orbital velocity for any given orbital radius. Of course this explanation is only for a perfectly isolated two-body system. In the real world we have to account for the influence of other objects. These influences can have anything from very little effect on an orbit all the way up to catastrophically flinging planets or stars completely out of their original systems. The exact effect depends upon a great many factors. Long story short, there isn't a single distance where you can no longer orbit the Earth. It depends on the exact position of the Earth and the object relative to everything else.

C. On the sunward side of the Earth, the magnetosphere ends at the bow shock, located about 40,000 miles from the Earth. Past this the Earth's magnetic field effectively ceases influence other objects due to the interaction of the solar wind. On the opposite side of the Earth the magnetic field extends to about 3.9 million miles before becoming negligible.

Yojinko said:
3. These questions will be in relation to the Earth's EMF in relation to the sun assuming there was no moon orbiting the earth.

3A. Are there any gauge-able differences in a pinched EMF (earth's EMF in relation to the Sun) on the pinched side versus the opposing side?

3B. Assuming the answer was YES to 3A, If you took a still-shot of the Earth as it is orbiting the sun and measured, 10,000km from the center of the earth, the Earth's EMF at the point closest to the sun, and the Earth's EMF at the point furthest from the sun, what would be that measured difference?

A. Absolutely. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_magnetic_field#Magnetosphere

B. I couldn't tell you. I doubt there's a single number, as the strength of the field and the solar wind are not perfectly steady and interactions between the two are very complex.

Yojinko said:
4. These questions are in relation to the nature of light (photons)

4A. Excluding mass in itself and gravitational forces, are there any EM waveforms which exist which can affect light in any way?

4B. Assuming the answer to 4A was YES, which waveforms can do this and in what way do they affect light?

A. I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you're asking whether light can interact with light, then the answer is no, not really. There are some very, very very unlikely interactions that are predicted to happen between photons, but because they are so rare I don't think we've ever detected them.

Likes berkeman
Multiple layers for solenoids are common, and the only realistic way to produce strong magnetic fields. This is nothing special, the fields just add up (you are still limited by saturation effects, cooling issues and so on).

Drakkith said:
A. I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you're asking whether light can interact with light, then the answer is no, not really. There are some very, very very unlikely interactions that are predicted to happen between photons, but because they are so rare I don't think we've ever detected them.
Indirectly. Photon-photon collisions can be studied in particle accelerators, the electrostatic fields around the accelerated charged particles (as seen in the frame of each particle) look like very intense radiation in the lab frame, intense and high-energetic enough to produce particles.

Just crossing lasers doesn't work (yet), as the interactions are so extremely rare.

Likes Drakkith

1. What is a physics model?

A physics model is a simplified representation of a physical system or phenomenon that allows scientists to better understand and predict its behavior. It is based on mathematical equations and principles and is often used to make predictions or simulate experiments.

2. How do you create a physics model?

Creating a physics model involves identifying the key variables and factors that contribute to the behavior of the system, and then using mathematical equations and principles to represent their relationships. This often involves a combination of theoretical concepts, experimental data, and computational simulations.

3. What information is needed to work on a physics model?

The specific information needed to work on a physics model will depend on the system being studied and the purpose of the model. Generally, it will involve understanding the fundamental principles and equations that govern the behavior of the system, as well as any relevant experimental data or observations.

4. Can you request information for a physics model?

Yes, it is possible to request information for a physics model. This could involve reaching out to other scientists in the field for collaboration, conducting experiments or simulations to gather data, or accessing existing databases or resources that contain relevant information.

5. What are some challenges of working on a physics model?

Some challenges of working on a physics model include identifying and accounting for all the relevant factors and variables, accurately representing complex systems, and validating the model against experimental data. Additionally, creating and refining a physics model can be a time-consuming and iterative process that requires advanced mathematical and computational skills.