Write 2.158 radians in terms of Pi

In summary, 2.158 radians can be written as .687pi by dividing it by 3.1415926535 and multiplying it by pi. This allows the answer to be expressed in terms of pi instead of 2.158.
yeny
Hello, can someone show me how 2.158 radians can also be written as .687pi? I need to learn how to do this so I can write my answer in terms of pi as opposed to 2.158.

Thank you in advance.

Yeny

Mathematics news on Phys.org
yeny said:
Hello, can someone show me how 2.158 radians can also be written as .687pi? I need to learn how to do this so I can write my answer in terms of pi as opposed to 2.158.

Thank you in advance.

Yeny
It's just a change in scale. \(\displaystyle 2.158 \text{ rad } = \frac{ 2.158 \text{ rad } \pi }{ \pi} = \frac{2.158 \text{ rad }}{3.1415926535} \cdot \pi \approx 0.687 \pi \text{ rad }\)

-Dan

THANK YOU for your help and time!

What is the value of 2.158 radians in terms of Pi?

The value of 2.158 radians in terms of Pi is approximately 0.687 Pi.

How do you convert radians to terms of Pi?

To convert radians to terms of Pi, simply divide the value of radians by Pi.

What is the formula for converting radians to terms of Pi?

The formula for converting radians to terms of Pi is radians / Pi = Pi terms.

Why do we use Pi when measuring angles in radians?

We use Pi when measuring angles in radians because it is a mathematical constant that represents the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and is used to convert between degrees and radians.

Can you give examples of other angles expressed in terms of Pi?

Yes, for example, 1.5 radians would be equivalent to approximately 0.477 Pi, and 3 radians would be equivalent to approximately 0.955 Pi.