YBCO Phonon Frequency: Hole Doping .2, 75-70°K @ 70°K

In summary, YBCO phonon frequency is significantly affected by hole doping at a temperature range of 75-70°K, with a peak frequency observed at 70°K. This phenomenon has been studied extensively in high-temperature superconductors such as Yttrium Barium Copper Oxide (YBCO) and is believed to be due to the changes in the electron-phonon coupling caused by hole doping. The precise mechanisms behind this effect are still being researched, but it has significant implications for the understanding and potential applications of superconductivity.
Strange_matter
I was hoping someone could tell me the phonon frequency of the electrons for YBCO with hole doping of about .2 and a critical temperature of around 75-70°K at about 70°K. An answer in Hz would be preferred, or failing that, in cm-1 with the wave speed. Also, might the Kohn anomaly influence the frequency?

The critical temperature of the YBCO is about 70-75°K, and I want to know what the phonon frequency is. I found an article that might say that it's about 345cm-1, but I need it to be in Hz, and I am concerned that this Kohn anomaly might change the frequency. Here is a link to the article and a picture of the table I am looking at: http://www.nature.com/nmat/journal/v11/n8/full/nmat3378.html
upload_2015-5-11_12-4-45.png

1. What is YBCO Phonon Frequency?

YBCO Phonon Frequency refers to the frequency of phonons (vibrational energy) in the material YBa2Cu3O7-x (YBCO). Phonon frequency is an important factor in determining the properties and behavior of materials, as it affects factors such as thermal conductivity and electrical resistance.

2. How does hole doping affect YBCO Phonon Frequency?

Hole doping is the process of adding impurities (such as oxygen) to a material in order to change its properties. In YBCO, hole doping can increase or decrease the phonon frequency, depending on the amount and type of dopant added. In general, hole doping tends to increase the phonon frequency in YBCO.

3. What is the significance of the temperature range 75-70°K in relation to YBCO Phonon Frequency?

The temperature range of 75-70°K is significant because it is within the superconducting transition temperature range for YBCO. This means that at these temperatures, YBCO is able to conduct electricity with zero resistance. The phonon frequency at these temperatures can provide insight into the superconducting properties of YBCO.

4. How does the phonon frequency at 70°K differ from at other temperatures?

The phonon frequency at 70°K may differ from at other temperatures due to the unique properties of YBCO at this temperature. At 70°K, YBCO undergoes a phase transition, where it changes from a superconducting to a non-superconducting state. This phase transition can affect the phonon frequency and other properties of YBCO.

5. Can YBCO Phonon Frequency be used for practical applications?

Yes, YBCO Phonon Frequency can be used for practical applications. Understanding the behavior of phonons in YBCO can help in the development of more efficient and high-performance superconducting materials, which have applications in technologies such as MRI machines, particle accelerators, and high-speed trains.