Youtuber spamming hundreds of thousands of video uploads, wth?

• Thread starter deltapapazulu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, a youtuber named Roel Van de Paar has been spamming video uploads using a program, completely flooding the search by upload stream. This has resulted in numerous videos with pseudo-content and clickbait titles, all linked together. The uploader has been reported twice to YouTube with no action taken. The uploader's goal is to gain more views and make money, while YouTube is slow to address the issue.
deltapapazulu
There is a youtuber named Roel Van de Paar who is using some program in order to spam video uploads and it is completely flooding the search by upload stream. Minute by minute this jerk keeps uploading tech vids with pseudo-content. I have actually never seen anything like that. I have reported him twice to youtube to no avail. I wish youtube would make him stop.

Look at how many videos are in each of these playlists. What an jerk. These are just the tip of the iceberg. I don't see how youtube hasn't stopped him from doing this yet.

1603071270431.png

Physics news on Phys.org
I've heard of hundreds of clickbait videos, all mutually linked.

Do they show ads in the videos? Youtube makes money from those.

deltapapazulu said:
completely flooding the search by upload stream

That's the idea, this way he gets more views and makes some extra money. Yes, that's nasty, yes, YT should do something about it, yes, YT - as every other corporate run huge internet site - is very sluggish in doing so, unless directly threaten by legal actions.

Please disperse, there is nothing to see here.

Likes russ_watters
deltapapazulu said:
I wish youtube would make him stop.
Why? It's their site, they can do whatever they want. On the other hand, you don't have to visit their site ... especially if you find it has poor quality content.

1. Why do Youtubers spam hundreds of thousands of video uploads?

Youtubers may spam video uploads in order to gain more views and subscribers, as well as increase their chances of going viral. This can also be a strategy to beat the algorithm and get their videos seen by more people.

2. Is it a successful strategy for Youtubers to spam video uploads?

While it may lead to short-term success in terms of views and subscribers, spamming video uploads can have negative consequences in the long run. It can annoy viewers, lead to unsubscribing, and can even result in penalties from YouTube.

3. How does spamming video uploads impact the YouTube community?

Spamming video uploads can harm the YouTube community as it can create a cluttered and overwhelming feed for viewers. It can also discourage smaller creators from gaining exposure and can create a sense of competition among creators.

4. What can be done to prevent Youtubers from spamming video uploads?

YouTube has algorithms in place to detect spam and penalize creators who engage in this behavior. Viewers can also report spam videos, and creators can be more mindful of their upload frequency and focus on creating quality content rather than quantity.

5. Can spamming video uploads lead to a creator's channel being terminated?

Yes, if a creator is found to be spamming video uploads, their channel can be terminated by YouTube. This is because it goes against YouTube's Community Guidelines and can be seen as a form of spam or deceptive practices.

Back