Zombie Slaying Weapon of Choice

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, the conversation discusses the weapon of choice for slaying zombies in a potential zombie apocalypse. Some popular choices include swords, cricket bats, chainsaws, shotguns, flamethrowers, and various types of firearms. Some participants also mention unconventional options such as using love or a spoon, while others suggest using more advanced weapons like missiles and spells. The conversation also includes some humorous remarks and references to pop culture.

What is your zombie slaying weapon of choice.

• Total voters
TheStatutoryApe
Zombie Slaying Weapon of Choice...

I did this a couple years ago but let's do it again.

If the Zombie Apocalypse came what would be your zombie slaying weapon of choice? Vote and post a description and/or reasoning if you would like.

[strike]I'm trying to add a poll here but I haven't done it in a while so it may not show up. I can't find the area to add poll options at the moment.[/strike]

edit: Got the poll up. It allows multiple choices if you like to pair up.

Mine would be a sword or cricket bat (no need for ammo or reloading) though I have always loved the prosthetic chainsaw hand in Army of Darkness.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

rootX, if I ever become a zombie, I will never come near you. That is the most horrifying thing I've seen in years.

rootX said:
http://cdn.edu-search.com/uploads/artificialleech.jpg

http://www.surgicaltechnologists.net/blog/20-scary-old-school-surgical-tools

Amazing how zombi-ism goes back to our founding fathers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington#Retirement_and_death
Modern doctors believe that (George) Washington died largely because of his treatment, which included calomel and bloodletting, resulting in a combination of shock from the loss of five pints of blood(from that device pictured above!), as well as asphyxia and dehydration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArvDAZ00CCY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArvDAZ00CCY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:

Would have to say bladed weapon or a rifle. Bladed weapon because it will last pretty much forever... only downfall is you have to get close say there are a lot of zombies... rifle of course just stake out a buildings roof picking them off... this assumes you have plenty of ammo (and your bladed weapon... oh yeah and a handgun sidearm just incase)

I want a giant sword and a motorbike, like in ff7.

if it's traditional, slow moving zombies - a shotgun or a chainsaw

I'm opting for fire (flamethrower) and a chainsaw. The flamethrower would be best for getting them before they're within grabbing distance, but doesn't require as much accuracy under pressure (i.e., when I'm screaming and running) as some of the other options. If a zombie does get closer, then I want something powerful and quick to zip off their head...or whatever else gets close first...and that's the chainsaw.

And Happy Halloween everyone!

Hmm, weapon of choice. I would take the spoon, yeah definitely the spoon.

De-zombification powder. One puff into a room filled with zombies is enough to dezombify them all, and then we can all live happily ever after. :smile:

As a zombie expert, the simplest weapon works... love.

Happy Halloween, PF! Anyone dressing up as the Klein-Gordon equation?

How about a laser to aim at their eyes?

I had to say shotgun. You don't need to be too close, and from watching many zombie films, if you blow their head off, it's a guarantee they don't get back up.

A 12 gauge pump-action shotgun with an extended magazine would probably be the most effective, but I would definitely have to go with the chainsaw for its fun factor.

I went for the flamethrower and a vehicle. I'm getting lazy.

I'd say a GBU-34/B (MOAB) out of the back of a C-130. Or a B-2 loaded out with B61. Or several BGM-109 Tomahawks. Anything with a large blast zone.

Also along those lines a M29 recoilless rifle with M-388 ammunition would be good.

But in a bit more reality I'd have to say a 10 Gage. With a flamethrower for wider defensive needs. And a good sharp daishō for my last backup.

I would use a vehicle--specifically, the family minivan. That way, I wouldn't have to spend money on anything new.

Argentum Vulpes said:
I'd say a GBU-34/B (MOAB) out of the back of a C-130. Or a B-2 loaded out with B61. Or several BGM-109 Tomahawks. Anything with a large blast zone.

Also along those lines a M29 recoilless rifle with M-388 ammunition would be good.

But in a bit more reality I'd have to say a 10 Gage. With a flamethrower for wider defensive needs. And a good sharp daishō for my last backup.

I think you've got a little bit of overkill there.

BigD said:
I think you've got a little bit of overkill there.
There is no overkill -- there is only "open fire" and "time to reload".

Why anybody things zombies must be shot? Maybe in real life they are very kind and polite beings.

Machete and/or crowbar and semi-automatic carbine.

Sub-machine gun and a segway, the only way to kill zombies.

segway-anti-terror_684090n.jpg

Topher925 said:
Sub-machine gun and a segway, the only way to kill zombies.

segway-anti-terror_684090n.jpg

Now that's funny!:rofl:

Hurkyl said:
There is no overkill -- there is only "open fire" and "time to reload".

Didn't know you were a fan.

As for me at the moment Wizard's Fury spell does the trick. That is:

Fire damagae 10 pts for 15 secs on Target
Frost damage 30 pts on Target
Shock damagae 30 pts on Target

Cast two or three times.

Last edited:

I'd want to be wolverine, or superman...
slice and dice, or just fly through them all...

shotgun and shovel, the classics

What is the best weapon for slaying zombies?

The best weapon for slaying zombies depends on personal preference and the situation. Some popular options include guns, melee weapons such as swords or axes, and improvised weapons like baseball bats or crowbars.

What makes a good zombie slaying weapon?

A good zombie slaying weapon should be durable, easy to use, and effective against a variety of zombie types. It should also be lightweight and easy to carry, as well as easily accessible in case of an attack.

Can any weapon be used for zombie slaying?

While any weapon can technically be used for zombie slaying, some are more effective than others. It's important to choose a weapon that is suitable for close combat and can inflict significant damage to the zombie's brain, which is the only way to kill them.

What are the advantages of using a ranged weapon for zombie slaying?

Ranged weapons, such as guns or crossbows, allow for a safer distance between the slayer and the zombie. They also have the potential for more accuracy and can be used to take out multiple zombies at once. However, they require ammunition and can be loud, potentially attracting more zombies.

Are there any specific features to look for in a zombie slaying weapon?

Some features to consider when choosing a zombie slaying weapon include durability, ease of use, weight, and versatility. It's also important to consider the type of zombies you may encounter and choose a weapon that is effective against them. Additionally, having a backup weapon or multiple weapons for different situations can be beneficial.