Delicious Cherry and Chili Cake Recipe

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, a conversation took place about a cake recipe involving chili peppers, cherries, and brown sugar. The author of the recipe defended its uniqueness and encouraged others to try it. There was also a discussion about other unconventional food combinations such as bacon and fudge.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have been experimenting and found this cake to be rather tasty so,
mix up a cake bater, butter a pudding bowl then sprinkle brown sugar all
over, put a little of the mixture in the bowl and stud it with cherries and
your favorite fresh choped chili, layer until all the mixture is used up, it takes twice as long to cook in the pudding bowl but it leaves a lovely crunchy crust, and the sweet cherry and chili taste is fantasamastic.

Physics news on Phys.org
What in the bloody hell is 'chopped chili'? I might have to withdraw from your contest if you weren't offering up what I would consider a chili cake.

Danger said:
What in the bloody hell is 'chopped chili'? I might have to withdraw from your contest if you weren't offering up what I would consider a chili cake.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

chili = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chile_pepper

And chopped is when one uses ones chopper to divide a whole thing in to
many small bits.

Perhaps (chili) is different in Canidan?:tongue2:

Or perchance (chopped), if you have a( lamb chop) that( is) part of a lamb that has been chopped off of the whole lamb,------ there is no lamb in my cake.

:rofl:

Okay, got you now. Over here, those are referred to as 'chili-peppers'. The single word 'chili' generally means 'chili con carne', a kind of stew made with ground beef, peppers, beans, etc..

Now I've read this I'm less inclined to help out any further in your hydraulic stepper motor query!

You're a culinary wrong-un, Mr Wool.

Agreed. That concoction sounds as if it would gag a maggot.

Chile cake? Hmmmmm, that makes me hungry for tuna ice cream.

Well i will be, i am crest fallen, cut to the quick:grumpy: , you have to try these culinary delights b efore you can rubbish them, trust me my cake is nice:smile: sigh, i guess there are no epicures here like what i am.

I used to like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

wolram said:
i guess there are no epicures here like what i am.
I certainly hope not. One is sufficient.

Danger said:
I certainly hope not. One is sufficient.

Honest Danger i am not taking the Pee, just try eating a glassiated cherry with a little slice of chili pepper and sweet cake, you will thank me for the experience in the end, nay ,you will bow down to me as your food god.

I have no doubt that I'd be bowing down... in front of the porcelain receptacle. :yuck:

I'm currently having digestive problems, and the title of this thread contributed to their complete evaluation.

Well i had two big wedges of my cake and the taste was just so good i did not want to swallow, it seems i am knocking my head against a brick wall with you food dead heads, perhaps you should stick to burger king, or the deep freeze section of the super market and leave me to the more adventurous raptuous delights of good cooking :tongue2:

And your own definitions... :rolleyes:

Don't despair Woolie! Like you, I have a fondness for hot food, and am not afraid to experiment. I don't eat sweets much (no cake for me), but I am not above making sweet/hot sauces to grill meats and seafood with. Here is a shot of one of our cabinets filled with jars of hot salsas. The tiny jars are either 100% habanero or 50:50 habanero and jalapeno. The orange-looking ones are a mix of green and orange habaneros, and the two slightly larger red ones at the top center are 100% fully ripened habaneros. You don't want to put a spoonful of that on your taco - it's strictly for cooking. This morning, we had wild-blackberry pancakes for breakfast. Maybe I'll try chili-pepper pancakes tomorrow with maple syrup. Mmmmm! :tongue2:

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9594/chilislp7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You two deserve each other.

Is it any thing like beef fudge? Because that was disgusting! you find little chunks of beef in with chocolate and whatever else is in normal fudge. I actually gagged worst thing I have ever tasted but I could find you the recipe if you like?

turbo-1 said:
Don't despair Woolie! Like you, I have a fondness for hot food, and am not afraid to experiment. I don't eat sweets much (no cake for me), but I am not above making sweet/hot sauces to grill meats and seafood with. Here is a shot of one of our cabinets filled with jars of hot salsas. The tiny jars are either 100% habanero or 50:50 habanero and jalapeno. The orange-looking ones are a mix of green and orange habaneros, and the two slightly larger red ones at the top center are 100% fully ripened habaneros. You don't want to put a spoonful of that on your taco - it's strictly for cooking. This morning, we had wild-blackberry pancakes for breakfast. Maybe I'll try chili-pepper pancakes tomorrow with maple syrup. Mmmmm! :tongue2:

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9594/chilislp7.jpg

Wow, that is awsome, but it is not fair for folk to belittle my creation, one has to brave at the forfront of food science, it will only take one of you to try my cake for the word to spread as to my greatness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try it if you can promise me its not as much of a acquired taste as beef fudge?!

rhuthwaite said:
I will try it if you can promise me its not as much of a acquired taste as beef fudge?!
I wonder what bacon fudge would taste like. Just substitute crispy bacon for the nuts... I like bacon with almost anything.

I love bacon I just don't know how good it would taste with sweet thing. Generally it is rather salty. Does salty and sweet go together? I guess popcorn and ice cream together doesn't taste bad

rhuthwaite said:

At last some one willing to surf the super highway of epicurism with me, i am not aware of beef fudge, but i assure you once tasted my cake is gone in 60 seconds.

That bacon idea sounds good Turbo, the two fat ladies have nothing on us
we rock :biggrin:

I just tried it
It isn't that bad in fact I would reckonmend like wolram that everyone try it. Be daring it tastes a lot better than it sounds

I didn't actually make your recipe I just tried cherries and sliced chilli on cake

rhuthwaite said:
I didn't actually make your recipe I just tried cherries and sliced chilli on cake

I am guessing you are are a young vibrant type person willing to stick your fork into the exotic tastes of life, but ooops :blushing: may be wrong, anyways up we can leave the trogladites to their shop bought curry :smile:

turbo-1 said:
I wonder what bacon fudge would taste like. Just substitute crispy bacon for the nuts... I like bacon with almost anything.
Sounds good to me. I like peanut butter and bacon on toast sandwiches.

BTW, this is not our year's store of pepper sauces and salsas!. It is only the stuff that we crammed into a little wall cabinet. There is a lot more in our pantry! I have dug up quite a few habanero and jalapeno plants and gave them to my brother in the hopes that he will keep them productive over the winter (on his glassed-in porch) and will replant them when I till a new garden spot for him next spring.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1127097&postcount=16

Woolie you're more than welcome to send me a sample of your chilli cake, if you do so I'll send you some of my fenugreek flapjack and we can compare notes.

Turbo, your cupboard looks AMAZING!

Ivan Seeking said:
Chile cake? Hmmmmm, that makes me hungry for tuna ice cream.
mmm... chicken ripple :tongue2: ...
liver 'n' onion sorbet...

brewnog said:
Turbo, your cupboard looks AMAZING!
The great part is that everything in there is HOT to various degrees (some are deadly), and there's a couple of dozen more jars in the pantry - we ran out of room in the cupboard after the first few batches of hot sauces. I have to make a big batch of pizza sauce tomorrow - time to break out the red habanero sauce and see how potent it is after aging for a month or so.

Can one OD on chili? i had a rather hot one this morning, and my belly feels like billy bunter is doing cart wheels in it, and growl

wolram said:
Can one OD on chili? i had a rather hot one this morning, and my belly feels like billy bunter is doing cart wheels in it, and growl
I don't know about that. I have "pushed the envelope" often only to feel pretty good the next day, so I can't say that I have had a negative reaction to chilis. I love hot food!

Hi all,

Lol, why the amazement at chili-pepper cake? Doesn't anyone here eat pancakes and sausage?

I like grape jelly, cheese, and jalapenos on buttered toast. Or sometimes just bacon and jelly or cheese and jelly on toast.

This kinda stuff mostly happens at breakfast though, maybe 'cause we just ain't awake yet... :biggrin:

moo

moo said:
Hi all,

Lol, why the amazement at chili-pepper cake? Doesn't anyone here eat pancakes and sausage?

I like grape jelly, cheese, and jalapenos on buttered toast. Or sometimes just bacon and jelly or cheese and jelly on toast.

This kinda stuff mostly happens at breakfast though, maybe 'cause we just ain't awake yet... :biggrin:

moo
Oh come on, :uhh: this is going to far :biggrin: