The smartest man in universe believes in Intelligent Design

In summary, Christopher Michael Lanagan is a smart man who believes that the moon is made of cheese and that evolution and creationism are linked because Biblical accounts of the genesis of our world and species are true but metaphorical. He also says that he is the smartest man in the universe and that he works at a bar because they wouldn't let him go to his graduation. He also says that he has not calculated the volume of his brain, but he could use volumetric displacement using the archimedean method to calculate the volume. I don't think he is an expert summarizer of content.
Space news on Phys.org
What's so smart about him?

The smartest man in the universe? Geez, are you sure? :tongue:

Just because a smart man believes that the moon is made of cheese does not add credibility to the idea does it? I have a feeling that many creationists are very smart, but that does not mean they know whether or not god exists.

Last edited:
Regarding evolution and creationism, the linkage is simple: since Biblical accounts of the genesis of our world and species are true but metaphorical, our task is to correctly decipher the metaphor in light of scientific evidence also given to us by God. Hence, the CTMU.

So "Biblical accounts are true" and "evidence" is "given to us by God". This is not science.

An IQ score has no correlation to sanity or common sense.

verty said:
So "Biblical accounts are true" and "evidence" is "given to us by God". This is not science.
I know, i saw that too. And it made me think he believes in ID because he believes in the bible. But when u read it closely, u see that he only talks about linking the two, with genesis as a metaphor.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this website, congrats!

verty said:
This is not science.
He is no scientist btw, u can see it in the videos.
Hes a bouncer.

PIT2 said:
The smartest man in universe believes in Intelligent Design

No, I don't.

twisting_edge said:
No, I don't.
No, you are not; no I don't.

twisting_edge said:
No, I don't.

hahaha, :rofl: .

This is so bad. I have to ask though, why is the smartest man in the world working at a bar? He should at least go get a degree if he did a good job of self educating himself.

He doesn't know the difference between a barista and a barrister.

arildno said:
No, you are not; no I don't.

"No, I don't" is not my name.

Your grammar is also a bit off: it is unclear what "you are not" is supposed to refer to, since there is no form of the verb "to be" currently under discussion. "Do not" would probably have served you better than "are not".

I think you meant to write, "No, you don't, twisting_edge." A clearer statement even than that would have been, "No, twisting _edge does not," since such a comment would most likely be intended for third parties. After all, I had already written I did not believe in it, so it would be fair to assume I was already aware of that.

P.S.: I should point out that was intended as dry humor. A non-native English speaker might think I was serious.

Last edited:
I thought your name was "you are not".
Interesting that the smartest man in the world didn't see that.

I've always wondered precisely how intelligent design can be incorporated into science. Whether or not ID is true, the fact remains that it isn't science. In fact, this sounds to me like the sort of topic that is more suited to a discipline like philosophy. Of all academic subjects, why would anyone want to use science as a vehicle for promoting theism? I'm all for theism, but it seems to me like ID fits into science like a foot in a glove.

When you two are done squabbling I will tell you what the smartest guy in the universe had for breakfast this morning. :biggrin: :rofl:

turbo-1 said:
I will tell you what the smartest guy in the universe had for breakfast this morning. :biggrin: :rofl:

Why do you waste memory space on such trifles??

arildno said:
Why do you waste memory space on such trifles??

Trifle? For breakfast?

ROFL did anyone watch his movies? The guy is a complete egotist. He says that they didn't let him go to his graduation because his head was too large to fit in the graduation cap. Then he says that they should have let him finish all of the 12 years of school in 2 years and sent him off to college, but the teachers were too dumb to do that. This is hillarious.

He said that his head size was "6 standard deviations above the mean". lol

Then he goes on to say that he hasn't calculated the volume of his brain but he could use "volumetric displacement using the archimedean method" to calculate the volume, but he "hasn't done that yet".

Last edited:
dontdisturbmycircles said:
He says that they didn't let him go to his graduation because his head was too large to fit in the graduation cap.

I believe that having watched it. 30 minutes wasted.

it is perfectly typical for the top IQ-testers (190+) that the only thing in life they are good at is to solve..IQ-tests.

it is perfectly typical for the top IQ-testers (190+) that the only thing in life they are good at is to solve..IQ-tests.

I distrust this generalization greatly. It smacks of sour grapes (Aesop's fable).

verty said:
I distrust this generalization greatly. It smacks of sour grapes (Aesop's fable).

No, that would be rowan berries, I believe.

ROFL did anyone watch his movies? The guy is a complete egotist. He says that they didn't let him go to his graduation because his head was too large to fit in the graduation cap. Then he says that they should have let him finish all of the 12 years of school in 2 years and sent him off to college, but the teachers were too dumb to do that. This is hillarious.

He said that his head size was "6 standard deviations above the mean". lol

Then he goes on to say that he hasn't calculated the volume of his brain but he could use "volumetric displacement using the archimedian method" to calculate the volume, but he "hasn't done that yet".

He should just use the water displacement method, and not take it out.

lol, exactly what I was thinking.

ROFL did anyone watch his movies?
I did watch them, but the second half of the last my attention dropped. This was verry funny (because stupid) at some points, very scary at others (the smartest guy in the world is fascist !)

Overall, I had a great time :rofl:

:rofl: Yea I didn't bother watching the end of the 3rd one, got really boring once the political stuff started.

AndreJ said:
He should just use the water displacement method, and not take it out.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
He is so smart that he would grow gills

Smartest man in the universe? Pfft, big deal! As usual, all of us smarter women will have to set him straight. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Smartest man in the universe? Pfft, big deal! As usual, all of us smarter women will have to set him straight. :biggrin:

I refuse! :grumpy:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That is what this guy needs ! The smartest women in the universe to live with ! He is probably married with a regularly smart women, which is the cause of subconscius tension and frustration in their couple. That perfectly makes sens to me :biggrin:

Don't supersmart people wear costumes ? :confused:
At least a lab coat ?

arildno said:
I refuse! :grumpy:
:rofl: :biggrin:

You are all giving him a hard time, but it seems to me that he is just telling it how he sees it, and being so different from everyone else, he is alone and is not politically skilled.

He sees our differences as petty, and so naturally believes that genetically engineering ourselves to be smarter will result in us coming to the same political conclusions, whatever they are, and thereby becoming a hive-like society. It's not fascism per se, rather voluntary fascism, where everyone volunteers to do their part. It would be a fascism with no coercion.

But the problem with that is it only works if everyone is on that level. Unfortunately, while there are systems in our society, those systems are run by greedy people. A hive-like society can only work if everyone is beyond greed.