Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The smartest man in universe believes in Intelligent Design

1. Feb 11, 2007 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2007 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

What's so smart about him?

4. Feb 11, 2007 #3
    The smartest man in the universe? Geez, are you sure? :tongue:

Just because a smart man believes that the moon is made of cheese does not add credibility to the idea does it? I have a feeling that many creationists are very smart, but that does not mean they know whether or not god exists.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  5. Feb 11, 2007 #4

verty

Homework Helper

So "Biblical accounts are true" and "evidence" is "given to us by God". This is not science.

6. Feb 11, 2007 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

An IQ score has no correlation to sanity or common sense.

7. Feb 11, 2007 #6
    I know, i saw that too. And it made me think he believes in ID because he believes in the bible. But when u read it closely, u see that he only talks about linking the two, with genesis as a metaphor.

8. Feb 11, 2007 #7
  9. Feb 11, 2007 #8
    This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this website, congrats!

10. Feb 11, 2007 #9
    He is no scientist btw, u can see it in the videos.
    Hes a bouncer.

11. Feb 11, 2007 #10
    No, I don't.

12. Feb 11, 2007 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

No, you are not; no I don't.

13. Feb 11, 2007 #12
    hahaha, :rofl: .

This is so bad. I have to ask though, why is the smartest man in the world working at a bar? He should at least go get a degree if he did a good job of self educating himself.

14. Feb 11, 2007 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

He doesn't know the difference between a barista and a barrister.

15. Feb 11, 2007 #14
    "No, I don't" is not my name.

Your grammar is also a bit off: it is unclear what "you are not" is supposed to refer to, since there is no form of the verb "to be" currently under discussion. "Do not" would probably have served you better than "are not".

I think you meant to write, "No, you don't, twisting_edge." A clearer statement even than that would have been, "No, twisting _edge does not," since such a comment would most likely be intended for third parties. After all, I had already written I did not beleive in it, so it would be fair to assume I was already aware of that.

P.S.: I should point out that was intended as dry humor. A non-native English speaker might think I was serious.

16. Feb 11, 2007 #15

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I thought your name was "you are not".
    Interesting that the smartest man in the world didn't see that.

17. Feb 11, 2007 #16
    I've always wondered precisely how intelligent design can be incorporated into science. Whether or not ID is true, the fact remains that it isn't science. In fact, this sounds to me like the sort of topic that is more suited to a discipline like philosophy. Of all academic subjects, why would anyone want to use science as a vehicle for promoting theism? I'm all for theism, but it seems to me like ID fits into science like a foot in a glove.

18. Feb 11, 2007 #17

turbo

Gold Member

When you two are done squabbling I will tell you what the smartest guy in the universe had for breakfast this morning. :biggrin: :rofl:

19. Feb 11, 2007 #18

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Why do you waste memory space on such trifles??

20. Feb 11, 2007 #19

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Trifle? For breakfast?

21. Feb 11, 2007 #20
    ROFL did anyone watch his movies? The guy is a complete egotist. He says that they didn't let him go to his graduation because his head was too large to fit in the graduation cap. Then he says that they should have let him finish all of the 12 years of school in 2 years and sent him off to college, but the teachers were too dumb to do that. This is hillarious.

He said that his head size was "6 standard deviations above the mean". lol

Then he goes on to say that he hasn't calculated the volume of his brain but he could use "volumetric displacement using the archimedean method" to calculate the volume, but he "hasn't done that yet".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?