Are You Ready to Test Your Trivia Skills and Win Prizes?

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Competition
In summary, the quiz involved the question: Which Dutch actress died of breast cancer in 2001 after refusing medical help, turning to the woowoo's, how many Americans would have it right? But there is nobody over age 15 in Holland that would have had the answer wrong. But they would also probably have spelled "batting average" wrong.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://my.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=87626" quiz for all of you who like this sort of thing.

This is 10 timed questions. You get 100 points for each correct answer and lose 1pt for each second. The more people the better, so I am hoping we can get a good contingent playing with regularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got nine fun bucks. Are we going to use those for anything?

They are pretty useless, poke around the site there are some "trophies" you can buy.

That was fun, and easy. Ca'mon everybody give it a try!

Yeah, what Hypatia said!

I can change the question sets, will set up some days as Tech/science questions. The trouble is that they are smaller question sets, so you get a significant number of repeats. There will be a new quiz every day, so come back tomorrow and try again.

Hmmm.. I'll do better tomorrow :wink:

Okay I did the test, two wrong.

Suppose that the quiz involved the question: Which Dutch actress died of breast cancer in 2001 after refusing medical help, turning to the woowoo's, how many Americans would have it right? But there is nobody over age 15 in Holland that would have had the answer wrong. But they would also probably have spelled "batting average" wrong.

Just a heads up that there are global questions and local questions.

Last edited:
Oh I did bad today, but I am having a very bad day all across the board.

I beat hypatia, cristo is another matter. :smile:

hypatia said:
Oh I did bad today, but I am having a very bad day all across the board.

You did better than Chi_Meson. :smile:

At least I did better than hypatia! :cool: Yess!

So you start with 1000 points and lose 100 for each wrong answer, plus a point for each second. I should have tried going faster. In fact, I should have read Integral's original post more thoroughly. Doh!

I wonder if everyone missed the same question.

Well I'm annoyed, I'd like to be at the top. :frown:

Kurdt said:
Well I'm annoyed, I'd like to be at the top. :frown:
You're on top of me (and hypatia).
That's nice, isn't it? :smile:

I suppose that'll have to do arildno. :smile:

BobG said:
You did better than Chi_Meson. :smile:

I felt bad for dominating the first contest so thoroughly and soundly and completely and entirely and unequivocally. So, I deliberately decided to suck on the second one. Now, everyone who's tried has done better AND worse than I.

Aww did I miss the first?

There is a pretty wide variety of questions, some of them are barely trivia, like that ones that are nearly self referential ie "what do you do if you see a question you don't like".

I am going to be adjusting the question set to tailor them to our site. Look for some changes in the next few days.

The more the merrier so give it a whirl, it is painless and takes a few minutes.

As a side note, I have been participating in a similar quiz on Anandtech, winning times there are usually less then 40sec!

You can use the keyboard, Tab moves to the next question, up and down arrows select the answer.

Keep playing!

Wooa for lisab! She got all 10! :cool:

I always run into a problem with this kind of test because I usually win and everyone I beat gets upset because they've labeled me as "dumb ol' tribdog"
I just want to come out and say don't feel bad because I've crushed you. there is no shame in being beaten so thoroughly. Just remember that at least you are in good company and will never be lonely in that oh so large group of my mental inferiors.

Edit: There's no such thing as a dumb question, just dumb people.

Last edited:
If I wasn't so damned slow for some reason. I thought I went pretty fast.

wow, only nine people playing? I'm just posting right now so that it shows up as a new post and someone else notices it

I'm sunk on any question relating to movies, actors, musicals...I litterally could not care less about such things, but they're always such a big part of trivia games.

Woohoo! I won yesterday! :biggrin:

I'm doing the moonwalk, baby! :cool: And posting without any typpppppp

I won! Almostly! :smile:

(what can I buy for my fun bucks?)

I'm winning one, finally!

Argh! I read so damned slow. Its not fair. :frown:

cristo said:
I'm winning one, finally!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
:grumpy pirate:

Damn my poor reading skills once again.

Mine's going to be tough to beat today

Correcting for my language handicap, I am the moral winner today! :smile:

tribdog said:
Mine's going to be tough to beat today
Oh yeah?

edit:

yeah, I guess.

I finally signed up. Fun! I just need to avoid the questions about computers. They slow me down and I get them wrong anyway. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
I finally signed up. Fun! I just need to avoid the questions about computers. They slow me down and I get them wrong anyway. :rolleyes:

At least you had several biology questions to make up for it!

cristo said:
At least you had several biology questions to make up for it!

Yep! They were all easy ones though.
For example, you don't even need to know all the parts of the small intestine in order to get that question right, because the colon was only last in one of them.
My students WISH I'd write questions that easy for them. :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hey hey hey hey!

Spoiler alert!

Talk about today's quiz TOMORROW!

Chi Meson said:
Hey hey hey hey hey!

Spoiler alert!

Talk about today's quiz TOMORROW!

Good point. I'll put some spoiler tags around the part of Moonbear's post giving away the answer in case she doesn't notice this. (Hopefully she won't mind!)

<h2>1. What kind of trivia questions can I expect in this game?</h2><p>The trivia questions in this game cover a wide range of topics, including history, science, pop culture, sports, and more. They are designed to be challenging and test your knowledge across various subjects.</p><h2>2. How do I win prizes in this game?</h2><p>To win prizes, you must answer a certain number of questions correctly within a given time limit. The more questions you answer correctly, the higher your chances of winning prizes. Prizes may include cash, gift cards, or other rewards.</p><h2>3. Is this game suitable for all ages?</h2><p>Yes, this game is suitable for all ages. However, some questions may be more challenging for younger players, so we recommend parental supervision for children.</p><h2>4. Can I play this game with my friends?</h2><p>Yes, you can play this game with your friends by creating a private game room and inviting them to join. You can compete against each other and see who can answer the most questions correctly.</p><h2>5. How often are new trivia questions added to the game?</h2><p>We regularly add new trivia questions to the game to keep it fresh and exciting. Our team is constantly researching and creating new questions, so there will always be something new for you to test your skills on.</p>

1. What kind of trivia questions can I expect in this game?

The trivia questions in this game cover a wide range of topics, including history, science, pop culture, sports, and more. They are designed to be challenging and test your knowledge across various subjects.

2. How do I win prizes in this game?

To win prizes, you must answer a certain number of questions correctly within a given time limit. The more questions you answer correctly, the higher your chances of winning prizes. Prizes may include cash, gift cards, or other rewards.

3. Is this game suitable for all ages?

Yes, this game is suitable for all ages. However, some questions may be more challenging for younger players, so we recommend parental supervision for children.

4. Can I play this game with my friends?

Yes, you can play this game with your friends by creating a private game room and inviting them to join. You can compete against each other and see who can answer the most questions correctly.

5. How often are new trivia questions added to the game?

We regularly add new trivia questions to the game to keep it fresh and exciting. Our team is constantly researching and creating new questions, so there will always be something new for you to test your skills on.