12V DC motor under 1 RPM for telescope mount

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
DNB
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
quick and urgent:I need a DC MOTOR

hi

I'm designing a telescope mount and I need a motor which has less than 1 rpm

I think I'm going to need (( 12 V DC 1/3 rpm ))


please if you can help me !
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Why couldn't you gear one to give you the required RPM?
 


jarednjames said:
Why couldn't you gear one to give you the required RPM?

acctually I tried to do that

but I faced some problems with reducing the the speed

and now I need about 1/3 rpm
 


Faced some problems? Could you elaborate?

Perhaps someone could help seeing as you already have that setup.

1/3 RPM is rather slow and I'm not sure if you can get a motor for that speed without gearing.
 


Hi,
Here (at the industry) I've seen a motor that rotates only one revolution each day. You might ask them for your customized requirements. But it would cost more. Here's the link:
http://www.pranshuelec.com/
 
Last edited by a moderator:


koolraj09 said:
Hi,
Here (at the industry) I've seen a motor that rotates only one revolution each day. You might ask them for your customized requirements. But it would cost more. Here's the link:
http://www.pranshuelec.com/

thank you,

I really appreciate that help
 
Last edited by a moderator: