1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying 7th Grade Aspiring Rocket Scientist

1. Jul 23, 2017 #1
    Hello! I'm currently in 7th grade, and I want to become a Rocket Scientist. Is there any possible way that I could speed this process up before I take AP tests or CLEP tests or go to college? I know it will be hard, but I want to learn. I think it might have something to do with Linear Algebra, but I'm not sure. Please recommend some books :D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2017 #2
    Rocket science is mostly math and physics. Most aspiring rocket scientists who don't make it fail to reach their goals due to inadequacies in math and physics. I'd recommend working hard in your math and science courses.

One can also start participating in local science fairs with rocket related projects. In 7th grade, you might design a project around commercially available (hobbyist) rocket motors, or you might try and start making your own motors. A lot depends on your resources and the available adult supervision.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted