A cube of side L=2 m is made of a cooper cable with 2mm^2

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
GaussianSurface

Homework Statement


A cube of side L=2m is made of a cooper cable with 2mm^2 of cross section area.
1) Find the electric resistance of one side of the cube.
2) Find the equivalent resistance in between the points A and B.
 
Attachments
  • 1502965667004-1408781422.jpg
    1502965667004-1408781422.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 527
Physics news on Phys.org
Actualization: I've done the first statement. By doing this:
The electrical resistivity is defined with the formula R=ρL/A where ρ is the resistivity of the material measured in Ω*m, L is the length in meters and A is the Area measured in m^2.
So that it is:
L=2m
R=?
A=2mm²=2*10^-6m²
ρ= 1.72*10^-8
Replacing these terms in the formula is equal to ≈ 0.0172Ω
I got the first one but the second one I still confused.
 
GaussianSurface said:
the second one I still confused.
You can make good use of the symmetry.
Suppose you apply some voltage across A and B and a current I flows in one of the edges out of A. What current flows along the other edges out of A? What about the six edges those three edges lead to?