A design using quartus software, can't figure out how to choose my choice

In summary, the conversation discusses a project where the user must enter 3 bits to determine which choice will be executed. The first three choices involve a different number of inputs and outputs, each displayed on a different type of display. The final choice involves 4 inputs and 14 outputs. The speaker is seeking advice on how to complete the project. They suggest dividing the problem into two parts: creating a decoder and using an OR gate to feed each segment of the display. They also mention alternative options such as using IC packages or a micro-controller.
Nickclark
hello,
i designed a project and i finished it my final step is i want the user to enter 3 bits
if it was 000 i will do the first choice, which has 4 inputs and 14 outputs displayed on the 2 digit 7 segment dispaly
if it was 001 i will do the second choice, which has 5 inputs and 7 outputs displayed on the 7 segment dispaly
if it was 010 i will do the third choice, which had 5 inputs and 4 outputs displayed on the LEDs
if it was 1xx i will do the last choice, which has 4 inputs and 14 outputs

i don't know how to do so! please advise..
thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Divide the problem into two parts.

First step is a decoder. Given 16 combinations of 4 input pins., then raise one of 16 output pins. Here is a circuit.

part 2, feeding each segment of the display, use an OR gate. if the segment is on for pins 2, 4 and 9, then wire the decoder outputs 2, 4, and 9 to that OR gage.there are also IC packages that can do the whole job, or a software driven micro-controller can do the whole job.

1. How do I choose my choice in a design using Quartus software?

To choose your choice in a design using Quartus software, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Quartus software on your computer.
  2. Select the project you want to work on or create a new project.
  3. Click on the "Choose Your Choice" option in the toolbar.
  4. Select the appropriate choice from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click on the "Apply" button to save your choice.

2. What is the purpose of choosing a choice in Quartus software?

Choosing a choice in Quartus software is important because it allows you to specify the type of design you want to create. This choice will determine the components and features that will be available to you during the design process.

3. Can I change my choice after starting the design process?

Yes, you can change your choice at any time during the design process in Quartus software. However, keep in mind that changing your choice may affect the components and features that are already in use. It is recommended to choose your choice carefully before starting the design process.

4. What if I can't find the choice I need in the drop-down menu?

If you can't find the choice you need in the drop-down menu, it is possible that you may not have the necessary components and features installed for that specific choice. You can try installing the missing components or selecting a different choice that is available.

5. Is there a way to save my choice for future projects?

Yes, you can save your choice as a default setting for future projects in Quartus software. This can be done by going to the "Tools" menu, selecting "Options", and then choosing the "General" tab. From there, you can select your preferred choice and click on the "Save as Default" button.