1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A puck is sliding on flat ground with an intial speed

Tags:
  1. Nov 22, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A puck is sliding on flat ground with initial speed to 4 m/s and comes to rest after 2 s. Aprox. which is the coefficent of kinetic friction between puck and ground.
    I don't know how to solve for this. I ended up in this class accidently and never took physics. If you cant give me the answer please point me in the right direction/formula.
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2015 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello SDS :welcome:

You could look in the formulas for uniform acceleration (deceleration in this case)...

4. Nov 22, 2015 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Let me guess: You wanted to study 'Psychics' but signed up for 'Physics' instead. :woot: :wink: :rolleyes:

I bet if you ask your classmates, you'll probably find that some (or most) of them never studied physics before, either. Still, if you're not going to drop the class after realizing your mistake, you should at least make an effort to read and study the material.

For future reference, "I don't know how to solve this" is an insufficient reason for getting HW help at PF.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted