A question about findind an operator that

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Operator
In summary, an operator is a symbol or function in a programming language that performs a specific operation on one or more values or variables. The most common way to find an operator in a programming language is to consult the language's documentation or do a quick internet search. Examples of operators include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and assignment. The operator to use will depend on the specific operation you want to perform, and it is important to understand the purpose and function of each operator. While it is possible to create custom operators in some programming languages, it is generally not recommended as it can make code difficult to understand for other programmers. It is best to stick with the standard operators provided by the language.
transgalactic
Physics news on Phys.org
You should notice the fine print. The question doesn't say dim(Ker(S))+dim(Im(S))=dim(M2x2). That's the LAW. It says Ker(S)+Im(S)=M2x2. Suppose the matrix m is [[0,1],[0,0]] and S(x)=x*m. Show Ker(S)+Im(S) is 2 dimensional and doesn't span M2x2. I'd almost consider this a trick question.

Last edited:
thanks

What is an operator?

An operator is a symbol or function in a programming language that performs a specific operation on one or more values or variables.

How do I find an operator in a programming language?

The most common way to find an operator in a programming language is to consult the language's documentation or do a quick internet search. You can also look at sample code or ask a more experienced programmer.

What are some examples of operators?

Some common examples of operators include addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), division (/), and assignment (=). Other operators may vary depending on the programming language.

How do I know which operator to use?

The operator you use will depend on the specific operation you want to perform. For example, if you want to add two numbers together, you would use the addition operator (+). It is important to understand the purpose and function of each operator in order to know which one to use.

Can I create my own operators?

In some programming languages, it is possible to create custom operators. However, this is typically not recommended as it can make your code difficult to read and understand for other programmers. It is better to stick with the standard operators provided by the language.