A question laws of the inverse

In summary, the conversation discusses the connection between the invertibility of a matrix and its dimension. Linear maps are mentioned as a way to understand this connection. The conversation also includes a link to a specific section of a webpage explaining the definition of a kernel and image, and how they relate to the rank-nullity theorem.
transgalactic
in this question my book makes a certain presumption

that some how the ability for the matrix to be inversible
connects to its dim Im

can you say how it works in this question?

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img86041mw3.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you learned about linear maps yet? There are some nice relations such as these which will help you out here.

it doesn't help me much in solving this question
can you please be more spesifiv about where to read in this page
because there are a lot of theory
which i already know

can you answer to my original question

anyone??

I linked to a very specific section of that page, namely the one stating
If [itex]f : V \to W[/itex] is linear, we define the kernel and the image or range of f by
:[tex]\operatorname{ker}(f)=\{\,x\in V:f(x)=0\,\}[/tex]
:[tex]\operatorname{im}(f)=\{\,w\in W:w=f(x),x\in V\,\}[/tex]
ker(f) is a subspace of V and im(f) is a subspace of W. The following dimension formula, known as the rank-nullity theorem, is often useful:
[tex]\dim(\ker( f )) + \dim(\operatorname{im}( f )) = \dim( V ) [/tex]

Now if you have some knowledge of linear maps and such (which I presume you do, or should have at least, because the book uses terms like kernel and image in the first place), the statement will immediately follow.

Related to A question laws of the inverse

1. What is the "Question Laws of the Inverse"?

The "Question Laws of the Inverse" is a set of principles that govern the relationship between questions and answers. It explores the idea that the quality of a question is directly linked to the quality of the answer, and that asking the right questions is crucial in obtaining meaningful and accurate answers.

2. How can understanding the "Question Laws of the Inverse" benefit me?

By understanding the "Question Laws of the Inverse," you can learn how to formulate better questions that lead to more insightful and valuable answers. This can be especially useful in problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking situations.

3. Can these laws be applied in different fields of study?

Yes, the "Question Laws of the Inverse" can be applied in various fields of study, including science, mathematics, philosophy, and even everyday life. These laws are universal and can be used to improve the quality of questioning in any context.

4. How do the "Question Laws of the Inverse" relate to the scientific method?

The "Question Laws of the Inverse" align with the principles of the scientific method, which involves asking questions, formulating hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing results. By following these laws, scientists can ask better questions that lead to more accurate and meaningful results.

5. Is there a specific set of rules to follow when applying the "Question Laws of the Inverse"?

There is no one-size-fits-all set of rules to follow when applying the "Question Laws of the Inverse." However, some general guidelines include asking open-ended questions, avoiding bias, being specific, and continually refining and adjusting questions based on new information and insights.