A question not related to Calculus

• Thread starter sergey_le
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, a new user trying to post in our schoolwork forum did not follow the forum rules and their post was deleted.
sergey_le
Homework Statement:: I don't understand what I need to write here
Homework Equations:: I don't understand what I need to write here

hello :)

I recently posted a post and it was deleted because I did not comply with forum rules.
Now I'm trying to figure out what to do right.
So I want to ask:
When I write a post there are two fields that I need to fill.
Homework Statement.
Homework Equations.
What should I write in these fields?

Physics news on Phys.org
sergey_le said:
Homework Statement:: I don't understand what I need to write here
Homework Equations:: I don't understand what I need to write here

hello :)

I recently posted a post and it was deleted because I did not comply with forum rules.
Now I'm trying to figure out what to do right.
So I want to ask:
When I write a post there are two fields that I need to fill.
Homework Statement.
Homework Equations.
sergey_le said:
What should I write in these fields?
Homework Statement - The problem you are trying to solve.
Homework Equations - Any equations that might be relevant to your problem. For one of your posts, the Mean Value Theorem was very relevant.

Mark44 said:
Homework Statement - The problem you are trying to solve.
Homework Equations - Any equations that might be relevant to your problem. For one of your posts, the Mean Value Theorem was very relevant.
Thank you

Likes berkeman
You can also read through other schoolwork threads in the forum where you want to post. They are not necessarily all perfect, but you may start to get the idea of how other students post in our schoolwork forums using that format.

Enjoy the PF! :smile:

berkeman said:
You can also read through other schoolwork threads in the forum where you want to post. They are not necessarily all perfect, but you may start to get the idea of how other students post in our schoolwork forums using that format.

Enjoy the PF! :smile:
I'm new here and my English is not good.
I will try to stick to the rules

Likes symbolipoint and berkeman
The key points are:
A clear statement of what the problem is.
A good-faith effort to do the problem yourself.

Likes sergey_le and berkeman
HallsofIvy said:
The key points are:
A clear statement of what the problem is.
A good-faith effort to do the problem yourself.
I do my best :)

Likes hmmm27 and berkeman

1. What is the scientific method and why is it important?

The scientific method is a systematic approach to conducting scientific research. It involves making observations, formulating a hypothesis, conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions. It is important because it allows scientists to gather reliable and objective evidence to support or refute a hypothesis, leading to a better understanding of the natural world.

2. What is the difference between a theory and a hypothesis?

A hypothesis is an educated guess or prediction about a phenomenon, while a theory is a well-supported and widely accepted explanation for a natural phenomenon. A hypothesis is typically based on limited evidence and can be tested through experiments, while a theory is supported by a large body of evidence and has withstood rigorous testing.

3. How do scientists communicate their research findings?

Scientists communicate their research findings through various means, including scientific papers, presentations at conferences, and publications in scientific journals. They also use online platforms and social media to share their findings with the general public.

4. What is peer review and why is it important in scientific research?

Peer review is a process in which experts in a particular field evaluate the quality and validity of a scientific study before it is published. It is important because it helps ensure that research is of high quality and meets the standards of the scientific community. This process also helps identify any flaws or errors in the study, allowing for improvements to be made before publication.

5. How do scientists ensure the ethical treatment of research subjects?

Scientists follow ethical guidelines set by their institutions and professional organizations to ensure the ethical treatment of research subjects. This includes obtaining informed consent from participants, protecting their privacy and confidentiality, and minimizing any potential harm or discomfort during the study. Institutional review boards also review and approve research studies to ensure ethical standards are met.