Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Abaqus modeling of a complex material

1. Aug 12, 2017 #1
    hello all
    i'm trying to modal a complex material with matrix of material X and small spherical inclusion of material Y, i would like to have the ability to control the density of the inclusions and the surface properties between the material.
    does anyone know about a guide for the situation? that would be a great help
    thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2017 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are several ways of tackling this problem depending on the details of the composite material and the scale and geometric complexity of the actual object being modelled .

Please tell us more about the material itself , the object being modelled and generally what you want to achieve with this work .

4. Aug 14, 2017 #3
    the geometric of the model is quiet simple, 100X30X1 mm with the inclusion of around 3-15 micron. the model will used for tensile test model

5. Aug 14, 2017 #4

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But what is the nature of the material ?

Are the particles systematically or randomly arranged ?
    Is there a high concentration of particles or low concentration of particles ?
    Are the particles bonded or unbonded to the support material ?
    Do the particle and support materials have simple elastic or more complex mechanical properties ?

Tell me as much as you can .

6. Aug 14, 2017 #5
    the matrix is elastic material, Aluminium alloys and steel
    the particles are randomly arranged
    concentration of the particles are between 1% to 20%
    the particles are not bonded but i know about the cohesive elements properties in abaqus.
    simple elastic properties.

thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted