Academic Guidance Question- Getting Started

In summary, the person has no background in physics and has not taken algebra 2 yet. They are being taught elementary topics in calculus at their school's physics club but are also looking for resources outside of the club. They are seeking recommendations for books and resources to help them learn physics.
cncbmb
Hi. How would you start learning physics if you had no background in it? -If you hadn't taken calculus yet?

Here is my situation:
I have no background in physics.
I haven't taken algebra 2 yet.
At my school, algebra 2 is pretty much a class about very basic algebra again with a little graphing, functions, logarithms, matrices, vectors, basic trigonometry, and a mixed bag of unrelated math topics.
I went to my school's physics club and am being taught elementary topics in calculus. It is going fine although I am still slow at reading the symbols I'm new to. I'm having the most difficulty with relating calculus to position, velocity, and acceleration when the teacher at the club is explaining things.
I want to learn outside the club as well since no handouts or assigned readings are being handed out during the club.

What would you do if you were in my position?
What books would you recommend to me?
What resources would you recommend to me?

Physics news on Phys.org
cncbmb said:
Hi. How would you start learning physics if you had no background in it? -If you hadn't taken calculus yet?

Here is my situation:
I have no background in physics.
I haven't taken algebra 2 yet.
At my school, algebra 2 is pretty much a class about very basic algebra again with a little graphing, functions, logarithms, matrices, vectors, basic trigonometry, and a mixed bag of unrelated math topics.
I went to my school's physics club and am being taught elementary topics in calculus. It is going fine although I am still slow at reading the symbols I'm new to. I'm having the most difficulty with relating calculus to position, velocity, and acceleration when the teacher at the club is explaining things.
I want to learn outside the club as well since no handouts or assigned readings are being handed out during the club.

What would you do if you were in my position?
What books would you recommend to me?
What resources would you recommend to me?

Don't worry, your not the only one in algebra who this has happened to, but there are libraries, and you can read every physics book in the library and ask people things you don't really understand

source: been there , read nearly every book of physics in the library

1. What is academic guidance?

Academic guidance is a form of support and advice provided to students to help them navigate and excel in their academic journey. It includes services such as course selection, study skills, time management, and career planning.

2. Who can benefit from academic guidance?

Anyone who is currently enrolled as a student can benefit from academic guidance. This includes high school students, college students, and graduate students.

3. How do I get started with academic guidance?

The first step is to reach out to your school or university's academic guidance office. They will provide you with information on the services offered and how to schedule an appointment with an advisor.

4. What should I bring to my academic guidance appointment?

It's always a good idea to bring your academic records, such as transcripts and course schedules, to your appointment. This will help your advisor get a better understanding of your academic standing and make more informed recommendations.

5. Is academic guidance only for struggling students?

No, academic guidance is for all students, regardless of their academic standing. Even high-achieving students can benefit from academic guidance in terms of career planning and developing advanced study skills.