1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advanced Engineering Mathematics

1. Aug 27, 2007 #1
    This is a long shot, but does anyone own both the 8th and 9th edition of "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" by Erwin Kreyszig? I own the 8th edition that I used in a previous course, but another class I'm taking this semester is using the 9th of the book.

Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between the 8th and 9th editions?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2007 #2
    One thing you might want to try is the "search inside" feature on Amazon. For example:

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Engi...2180729?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188524620&sr=1-2

You can only look at a certain number of pages per session, but it should be enough for you to get your homework assignments out of the 9th edition while using the 8th for reference (and, while I know nothing about the books, that's probably the biggest difference between them).

4. Aug 30, 2007 #3
    I actually looked through another student's book and it was completely different. I ended up buying the new edition, sadly.

Thanks, though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?