Advanced undergrad/grad book for classical mechanics as macro limit of QM

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Einstein Mcfly
Messages
161
Reaction score
3
Hi folks. I'm wondering who does a good job of explaining this limit, preferably with a good set of examples. It doesn't need to be too basic, but it'd be nice if it went through the phase space stuff a little (I get the impression that my grad prof didn't do a great job with some details based on questions that come up when I read through such things).

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Landau and Lifgarbagez book on non relatavistic QM has a good chapter on Quasi-Classicality, it gives plenty of uses for it in later chapters as well.
L&L do a good job of explaining Bohr and Sommerfeld quantisation which is what I think you're looking for when you say 'through the phase space stuff a little'.