. Air and water in a cross flow heat exchanger. The fluids do not come

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
sashankhrao
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am trying to do a cross flow analysis in FLUENT. Air and water in a cross flow heat exchanger. The fluids do not come in contact. I have modeled and meshed the geometry in GAMBIT. Could someone pls help me with the steps in FLUENT as to how to assign different fluid properties for different boundary conditions and so on. I need to det the temp. drop of air and water.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


You'll probably be better off just using impirical relations to get heat transfer. In CFX at least, in order to get decent heat transfer numbers, you need the heat transfer coefficients.

There are fairly good equations for shell and tube heat exchangers, check the API standards.
 


Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks a lot for answering my question. I'll take your advice of using impirical relations.

Sashankh